Away Match Day Thread 02/10/2021 L1: Sheffield Wednesday v OUFC

And another m, we’ve got a gem. This after Herbie was subbed.

Kane was running the show.

Made up for Karl, the lads + everyone who travelled today - COYY, what a win!!

another of their forum after Henry scored.

Moore out!
Dunkley and Johnson are embarrassing

Certainly a lot of coronaries in the Wednesday half of Sheffield tonight.

I wonder who will start the highlights on quest tonight…..probably Pompey but will we be 2nd? No, maybe 2nd from last.

Have been away for a few days
And can’t be bothered to look through today’s post.
Results like today deserve to keep Robinson in his job, And I’m not one of his biggest fans, but results over the last couple of seasons out way the minuses at the moment.

Having no idea about today’s team selection, and a soft spot for the n Irish lads,
If it’s a case of Gavin coming back.from international duty then fair enough.
But if their not prepared to be vaccinated to protect their team mates, they should not be involved.

Some nuggets ..

Little old Oxford lol, wait until Fleetwood, Morecambe, Burton , Accrington or Cheltenham beat them...

Edited Morecambe already have beat them this season lol.

Big ground, biggish support ( not as big as Sunderland) but big club my a**e, they are a league one team like the other sleeping giants in this league Bolton, Pompey, Charlton, Ipswich, Sunderland and have no right to think they will walk the league.

IMAGE FROM THE PAST : Hillsborough, November 24th 1973.

ENTfgakX0AEWrVV

U’s ‘keeper Roy Burton dives at the feet of Wednesday striker Brian Joicey at a wet and windy Hillsborough.

Striker Hughie Curran bagged the winner in the 1-0 win - United’s first win on the road in ‘73-74 - in front of just 7,998.
Curran made the headlines a year earlier at Hillsborough after refusing to leave the field of play after being sent off late on by
Leicester referee John Hunting. Curran bagged the winner in that game too.

Curran was charged with bringing the game into disrepute and requested a personal hearing at the FA and he was found guilty
and banned for thee games. Wednesday later sacked boss Derek Dooley on Christmas Eve ‘73.

U’s : R Burton - D Lucas D Roberts C Clarke J Shuker - J Evanson K Skeen J Fleming - G Atkinson H Curran N Cassidy
Sub: R Smithson.
The day after I was born , a good omen 3 points at Hillsborough!

Little old Oxford lol, wait until Fleetwood, Morecambe, Burton , Accrington or Cheltenham beat them...

Edited Morecambe already have beat them this season lol.

Big ground, biggish support ( not as big as Sunderland) but big club my a**e, they are a league one team like the other sleeping giants in this league Bolton, Pompey, Charlton, Ipswich, Sunderland and have no right to think they will walk the league.
Funny thing is if you look at our h2h record we have 11 wins to their 9 against us and 11 draws ...

Back
Top Bottom