Away Match Day Thread 02/10/2021 L1: Sheffield Wednesday v OUFC

So you are calling my wife irresponsible for not having it, after I ended up in the Churchill Hospital for a week with with severe side effects.
Yes. Because side effects are exceptionally rare and are significantly less damaging that the virus.

Religious, dietary and cultural to name a few.
As far as I am aware, there is no religion or culture that forbids vaccination. Please enlighten me.

As for dietary, there was some false information circling at one time that the vaccine was non halal or kosher - not true.

The thing is if you don't get vaccinated you're more likely to spread the disease which could end up with yourself or others in hospital. Far more statistically likely than ending up in hospital from the vaccine.

(Sorry to hear you had the horrible experience btw, but please don't let that stop you trusting the research.)

Using words like 'selfish' and 'irresponsible' to describe people that choose not to have the vaccine is very unfair. Many have extremely good reasons which are not necessarily medical ones.
As you rightly state everybody has a choice.
My view is that the majority not having vaccinations are selfish and irresponsible.

There are a lot of people who think "freedom" = "freedom from criticism", and claim their rights are being taken away simply because people are critical of what they have done.

Anyway, I really came on here to say what a great win yesterday! If it hadn't been for covid I'd have been there (I'm not psychologically up to attending away matches yet with covid rates still so high), as it's one of the few grounds I've never been to. Hopefully Kane isn't out for long.

There are a lot of people who think "freedom" = "freedom from criticism", and claim their rights are being taken away simply because people are critical of what they have done.
I can take criticism better than most people and you are welcome to say what you think. I just don't agree with the majority of what you say.

Quality result that yesterday! I’d have taken a draw but a win in those circumstances and fashion is class. Had a text from a ST holding Wednesday mate of mine who said we could have had five (we could). What a great week of results! Two home games now to really build from. Plymouth will be a good one! Usually bring a decent following.

This is absolutely fascinating viewing from 13 minutes onwards. The karl pilkington of Wednesday. His greenhouse has a hole in it. I actually found myself liking him and hoping he’s ok…! Bleeding faff lad . Have a brew before yee go round the twist

That’s brilliant. Reminds me of ripping yarns and Barnstoneworth United.

As far as I am aware, there is no religion or culture that forbids vaccination. Please enlighten me.

OK, these organisations (source below) are cited as having objections to vaccination:

Vanderbilt University Medical Center says the following denominations do have a theological objection to vaccination:

• Dutch Reformed Congregations – This denomination has a tradition of declining immunizations. Some members decline vaccination on the basis that it interferes with divine providence. However, others within the faith accept immunization as a gift from God to be used with gratitude.
  • Faith healing denominations including:
  • Faith Tabernacle
  • Church of the First Born
  • Faith Assembly
  • End Time Ministrie
  • Church of Christ, Scientist
Fucking nutjobs.

Source.

Last edited:
So you are calling my wife irresponsible for not having it, after I ended up in the Churchill Hospital for a week with with severe side effects.
I’m afraid so. Nobody is suggesting choice be taken away - it’s one of the things that makes this country such a fortunate place to be. However, I am only 28 and I also had particularly severe side effects from the 2nd jab - the 1st I didn’t even notice. Even with hindsight of what was a pretty difficult few days, I’d do it all again - give me a 3rd one. We all go in to the vaccine with our eyes wide open because the bigger picture is my one year old boy, my Mrs, my parents, my colleagues and their families - even the elderly neighbours I have. It’s wrong to assume anybody is above/beyond a non-discriminate virus. My personal view is if you won’t do it for yourself, the safety of the masses (including countless people out there who have probably done you a favour or two in your lifetime, not to mention the NHS) should be enough motivation. People need to see the vaccine is not about any one individual now, it is about protecting everybody for the long-term.

Back
Top Bottom