Away Match Day Thread 02/10/2021 L1: Sheffield Wednesday v OUFC

Anyway...

Should one of our players refuse the covid jab, get infected, have long term adverse consequences that lead to a 10% reduction in his 'quality' but a 70% reduction in his market value would the club have a case of gross misconduct? A thought.
Not sure, but the footballers (club employees) definitely have a case against the management if their private medical information is shared publicly without their consent. Which is against the law.

I’m a bit perplexed about all this talk of our ‘time-wasting’. Other than Stevens and his knee, our subs making rather slow exits and a few instances of taking longer over throw ins we were hardly cynically refusing to play the game. I’ve seen SO many teams do SO much worse at our place over the years. To me it felt like a composed away performance.

They’re going to be in for a shock when they get to the worst of Steve Evans/Gareth Ainsworth teams if they think we were that bad…

Exactly, how much time did Wycombe waste at ours. Just sounds like sore losers to me. Might sound daft but I hope Wycombe go their and do exactly the same as us but to their level. 🤣

I’m a bit perplexed about all this talk of our ‘time-wasting’. Other than Stevens and his knee, our subs making rather slow exits and a few instances of taking longer over throw ins we were hardly cynically refusing to play the game. I’ve seen SO many teams do SO much worse at our place over the years. To me it felt like a composed away performance.

They’re going to be in for a shock when they get to the worst of Steve Evans/Gareth Ainsworth teams if they think we were that bad…
We did it very, very well - finally managed a game!!!

Don't forget Kane going down well before he was taken off which took the sting out of the game and a couple of others.

I was delighted to see it and fully deserved after our scintillating 1st half.

We obviously have learnt from the Bolton away game and games like Wycombe and Gillingham.

Brilliant to see the penny has dropped

This whole vaccination thing. There are plenty of things in life one can do which are legal, but also selfish* and irresponsible. Not getting vaccinated (unless one has a good medical reason) is one such thing. It is deliberately endangering the lives of other people for no good reason. So, while I agree that it should be a person's own decision as to whether they get vaccinated or not, I also have the right to call them out as irresponsible if they take the irresponsible decision.

*"Selfish" is actually maybe not quite the right word, as it's endangering one's own life as well as those of others. But "irresponsible" is definitely apt.

This is absolutely fascinating viewing from 13 minutes onwards. The karl pilkington of Wednesday. His greenhouse has a hole in it. I actually found myself liking him and hoping he’s ok…! Bleeding faff lad . Have a brew before yee go round the twist

A proper meltdown.

This whole vaccination thing. There are plenty of things in life one can do which are legal, but also selfish* and irresponsible. Not getting vaccinated (unless one has a good medical reason) is one such thing. It is deliberately endangering the lives of other people for no good reason. So, while I agree that it should be a person's own decision as to whether they get vaccinated or not, I also have the right to call them out as irresponsible if they take the irresponsible decision.

*"Selfish" is actually maybe not quite the right word, as it's endangering one's own life as well as those of others. But "irresponsible" is definitely apt.
It's called freedom of choice and once it is removed we are on a very dangerous road indeed.

We've all felt like that chap after a sickening last minute defeat! I normally stew in the car for 90 mins on the way home and try to not bring my mood into the house. That even works sometimes. A bit.

Many have extremely good reasons which are not necessarily medical ones.
If the reason isn't medical, what on earth can it be?

It's not even sensible - you are at far greater risk from Covid (look at the figures) than you are from any of the vaccines (look at the figures). Of course people don't have to have the vaccine, but apart from medical ones I am struggling to think of what the reasons might be.

If the reason isn't medical, what on earth can it be?

It's not even sensible - you are at far greater risk from Covid (look at the figures) than you are from any of the vaccines (look at the figures). Of course people don't have to have the vaccine, but apart from medical ones I am struggling to think of what the reasons might be.
Religious, dietary and cultural to name a few.

It's called freedom of choice and once it is removed we are on a very dangerous road indeed.

And nobody (that I've seen) has suggested we take away that freedom. But as with any other legal but irresponsible behaviour, there's also the freedom to tell people who take that choice what one thinks of them.

And nobody (that I've seen) has suggested we take away that freedom. But as with any other legal but irresponsible behaviour, there's also the freedom to tell people who take that choice what one thinks of them.
So you are calling my wife irresponsible for not having it, after I ended up in the Churchill Hospital for a week with with severe side effects.

Religious, dietary and cultural to name a few.
Which religions and cultures are you thinking of? (There are only really a few fringe religions that prohibit vaccination.) And as to dietary, a vaccine is not ingested - it's nothing to do with diet. If there's a medical reason, fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom