Away Match Day Thread 02/10/2021 L1: Sheffield Wednesday v OUFC

Sheffield Wednesday fans not happy on BBC website referring to poor refereeing and losing to tinpot clubs.
Sounds a bit like the embittered Sunderland fans from four years ago.
Well done Oxford. You did your city proud today.
Sounds like some of our fans too, to be fair!

The Owlstalk forum classes us as no more than a pub team, little Oxford, dross. We spent the game time wasting after the goal. The ref was abysmal, one sided, blind, bent.

Oh well, we took 3 points against mighty Sheffield Wednesday. We’re above them. We’re not mid table. We’re going to enjoy this evening.

Sounds like some of our fans too, to be fair!

I know alot were saying it about the Cheltenham loss but we should of beat them easily with the amount of chances we created. Nothing on today's watch said they outplayed us and should of won. The difference is they are acting exactly like Ipswich fans did when they dropped down expecting to just turn up and get 3 points. Teams should know now that this league isn't easy to get out of no matter how much money you throw at it.

The Owlstalk forum classes us as no more than a pub team, little Oxford, dross. We spent the game time wasting after the goal. The ref was abysmal, one sided, blind, bent.

Oh well, we took 3 points against mighty Sheffield Wednesday. We’re above them. We’re not mid table. We’re going to enjoy this evening.
They were also very hypocritical to themselves before the game they were moaning about players and Darren Moore want score he’s s**t Sack Moore he’s s**t and they’re s**t, they score knew he would come good Bannan this Bannan that, we score he’s s**t Sack Moore he’s s**t they’re s**t.🤣🤣🤣

Sounded like the ref had a very good game today

Few decisions he got wrong, but in the main was decent, another ref would of caved in and gave them a penalty but there wasn't any clear penalties in the game.

Just back. What a day. Great team performance, great atmosphere in the away end, even managed to get fuel at Donington services on the way back. Could hardly have been better. Greggs being shut inside said services was the only real dampener. I had my heart set on a sausage, beans and cheese melt. Settled on a bacon roll from Costa and a white chocolate milkshake from M&S. Did a massive burp and carried on.

Think Wednesday are still getting used to the fact that L1 is competitive and contains 20-odd teams that can all beat anybody else. You’re here on merit, chaps. Perhaps learning how to make some noise for more than 90 seconds after scoring a goal would help you put jumped up little outfits like Oxford to the sword, eh? Otherwise you never know how many different bunch of upstarts will dare to roll you over on your own patch.

Time to get in the shower with a beer before going full Gavin Whyte all over the house for a bit. I’ll leave the door on the latch for anybody who fancies a cuddle.

I know alot were saying it about the Cheltenham loss but we should of beat them easily with the amount of chances we created. Nothing on today's watch said they outplayed us and should of won. The difference is they are acting exactly like Ipswich fans did when they dropped down expecting to just turn up and get 3 points. Teams should know now that this league isn't easy to get out of no matter how much money you throw at it.
Like us in the conference!

They should know better. It's only been about 10 years since they were last in League One.

We were playing part timers though in alot of games in that league. It's got alot more competitive now though with how many ex league teams are in it.
Yes you are right. I guess my real point is that I've heard enough Oxford fans describe other teams as tin pot etc to know that our fans are not so different to those of the Owls!

It was an absolute pleasure, a joy, and an honour to be present for the marriage of our best friends' daughter today. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. What a fantastic day.

On the other hand - damn!

Just back. What a day. Great team performance, great atmosphere in the away end, even managed to get fuel at Donington services on the way back. Could hardly have been better. Greggs being shut inside said services was the only real dampener. I had my heart set on a sausage, beans and cheese melt. Settled on a bacon roll from Costa and a white chocolate milkshake from M&S. Did a massive burp and carried on.

Think Wednesday are still getting used to the fact that L1 is competitive and contains 20-odd teams that can all beat anybody else. You’re here on merit, chaps. Perhaps learning how to make some noise for more than 90 seconds after scoring a goal would help you put jumped up little outfits like Oxford to the sword, eh? Otherwise you never know how many different bunch of upstarts will dare to roll you over on your own patch.

Time to get in the shower with a beer before going full Gavin Whyte all over the house for a bit. I’ll leave the door on the latch for anybody who fancies a cuddle.
Tory

I couldn’t make it today but everything I’ve read and heard make me really wish I’d dropped everything to be there!

I think virtually every one of us would’ve gladly taken any points we could get from this, however ugly or undeserved. So the fact we’ve managed to play so well in front of a great travelling support and deservedly win at a tough ground against another promotion favourite is such a great boost for our season and just reward for the belief and persistence of the management team in what they’re trying to do.

It’s interesting the comments regarding Shef Wed fans and I think there’s a lesson in there for some of our own - this league is no joke and if you take any game lightly or start labelling games as a ‘sure 3 points’, you are asking for trouble. This week has proved that we should stick to what we do best, support KR in delivering that and show every opponent the right level of respect.

Bravo to the travelling fans 🤝

FAty_WtXoAUvudt

Back
Top Bottom