Away Match Day Thread +++ 02/04/2018 Shrewsbury T v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

If we were operating as a better unit, and I’m sure KR will start to work on this, then Brannigan or Ledson would tuck into the right-back position when Kane supports the attack.

Lunny used to do it frequently when Baldock surged forwards - we need to start building this type of off-the-ball movement and intelligence.

THIS!!

So noticable against Scunny, and more than that - simple anticipation of the 2nd ball. They were better at it than us all over the park.

Trouble is, I'm just not sure you can teach that sort of thing.

Where are most U’s heading to for a pre match pint? I will be leaving for the 46 mile journey at 11.30am and think I’ll head to the Wild Pig (formerly the boundary hotel).

They’ve got banners on most of the roundabouts on the ring road today saying that Checkatrade Cup Final tickets are available.

Just maybe that might be the distraction we need.

It’s been pouring all night too so could be a messy affair.

They’ve got banners on most of the roundabouts on the ring road today saying that Checkatrade Cup Final tickets are available.

The local paper run with the story that their captain will be ready for Wembley. I think they will be more concerned about not getting injured today so they can play on Sunday. A few big tackles early from Lego and Cam and they won’t want to know.

Could the reverse be true - Shrewsbury’s players keen to impress to cement a Wembley
place? What we don’t want is for Ledson and Brannagan to go into the referee’s book
early on.

The local paper run with the story that their captain will be ready for Wembley. I think they will be more concerned about not getting injured today so they can play on Sunday. A few big tackles early from Lego and Cam and they won’t want to know.
That almost assumes that they have given up on automatic promotion? Shrewsbury badly need a win today from a league perspective.

With us playing at weird KO times on sky recently we haven’t had the annoying bloody score updates disrupting the thread... guessing they’re back today? :rolleyes:

Ducking out of the office a bit early to get home for this one, hopefully we don't get turned over but I fear the worst.

3-0 to them :cry:

To think we were preoccupied with that utter nonsense this time last year. Cost us a play off place!

I find them quite useful personally.

Fair enough all down to opinion I guess, I just don’t see why the forum needs updates of how clubs are getting on who have no influence on us, plus we are all on the internet so can use the relevant sites to find it out if that’s what you like

I think they’ll have 2 trips to Wembley this year . Play off final too.

Back
Top Bottom