Away Match Day Thread +++ 02/04/2018 Shrewsbury T v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Why? What did he do?

Goading the Oxford fans, what a t**t. Would have loved it if we’d have got a 3rd!, but to be fair I’m surprised we got two.

Very concerned we’ll be relegated now, just don’t have the personnel and KR’s trying to play a system that not even the best players could play never mind our motley crew!

Certainly feels like Oldham will have a big say in who goes down as they are still to play in order

Oxford a
Walsall h
Gillingham h
Rochdale a
Wimbledon a
Southend h
Doncaster a
Northampton a

Talk about being in control of your own destiny !!

Many of the teams below us have games against each other which means they will trading points

At the end of the day it's up to us to do it for ourselves but we should but remember that Oldham are not the ones in the bottom 4

What did people think of KR's interview? He seems confident that we are good enough to stay up, a little impatient with the interviewer too?

Goading the Oxford fans, what a t**t. Would have loved it if we’d have got a 3rd!, but to be fair I’m surprised we got two.

Very concerned we’ll be relegated now, just don’t have the personnel and KR’s trying to play a system that not even the best players could play never mind our motley crew!
Yep! It does look as if we have to rely on others to slip up. I didn't feel that we lacked fight today, we simply lack sufficient quality. Big time.
If we do get relegated we will be entering L2 in very bad shape.

I really don't think dropping Mousinho is going to suddenly solve the problems that some people think it will. He's not the sole issue that will suddenly make us win every game. Being pedantic. We have no wingers fit. We have 2 left backs and Ruffels fighting to play that position. Our strikers play well off the bench, when they start they aren't as good. The team is small of stature and lacks pace. What KR has done in the past 3 games has made the team more compact and organised. With more time on the training pitch this week, we should see further improvement and more energy.

Re KRs interview. He's keeping a positive mindset and focusing on winning games, not worrying about losing them and spending energy on that.

Last edited:
Since KR has taken over we have conceded 7 goals across 3 games.

1) Pompey, concede from a corner because we didn’t win the 2nd ball (standing like statues)
2) Scunny we concede from a cross-shot (backing off).
3) Today we concede from a FK (missed interception) and then 2 from backing off and not pushing up our defence.

From this it’s clear that our defenders and midfield aren’t engaging or pressing the opposition attackers. This is L1 not the Prem. If we engage and press their attackers they will make errors a’la Chey Dunkley who was terrific at this.
At present, we are standing still and dropping off and letting them cross and take pit shots which is easily fixable.
I think it’s partly a confidence thing that KR will hopefully deal with in the summer by signing more in the mould of Dickie who is the only defender doing this effectively.

Oldham next, which means lots of balls into our box and fighting for the second ball. Two things we are p*ss poor at dealing with.

I thought ifollow was a blessing but if I'm honest, its been horrible watching us this season, found myself just sat there being angry at the tv for pretty much every game, the neighbours must think i need some anger management therapy.

The slight comfort being we both wake up to the sun rise over the Burj khalifa, and not rain over the M25.?

Since KR has taken over we have conceded 7 goals across 3 games.

1) Pompey, concede from a corner because we didn’t win the 2nd ball (standing like statues)
2) Scunny we concede from a cross-shot (backing off).
3) Today we concede from a FK (missed interception) and then 2 from backing off and not pushing up our defence.

From this it’s clear that our defenders and midfield aren’t engaging or pressing the opposition attackers. This is L1 not the Prem. If we engage and press their attackers they will make errors a’la Chey Dunkley who was terrific at this.
At present, we are standing still and dropping off and letting them cross and take pit shots which is easily fixable.
I think it’s partly a confidence thing that KR will hopefully deal with in the summer by signing more in the mould of Dickie who is the only defender doing this effectively.

Dickie had a poor game today and struggles with the ball at his feet, good in the air, but clueless on the deck and can not kick a ball in a certain direction.

In fact, all our f*****g players struggle to kick a ball. We struggle to cross the ball or put any distance on it. We struggle to beat the first man or put the ball beyond the opposing defence, thus making them turn. We seem to play the ball in front of the oppositions never making them turn.

And why the hell didn’t we shoot rather than trying to walk/pass the bloody ball into the net in the last minute? Bloody frustrating. For Christ sake, bloody shot. Looked what happened when Shrewsbury shot and Rothwell shot, we need to do more of this. Oh, and cross the bloody ball when we get the opportunity.

Last edited:
I thought he had more to offer than Wes and he ran his legs off, not surprised Books came oF but Mehmeti substitution did make me think.

I thought he was okay, worked very hard and some decent touches. Hes hardly played, maybe was tired, maybe KR just wanted to make more of an impact with WT and MN.

Dickie had a poor game today and struggles with the ball at his feet, good in the air, but clueless on the deck and can not kick a ball in a certain direction.

In fact, all our f*****g players struggle to kick a ball. We struggle to cross the ball or put any distance on it. We struggle to beat the first man or put the ball beyond the opposing defence, thus making them turn. We seem to play the ball in front of the oppositions never making them turn.

And why the hell didn’t we shoot rather than trying to walk/pass the bloody ball into the net in the last minute? Bloody frustrating. For Christ sake, bloody shot. Looked what happened when Shrewsbury shot and Rothwell shot, we need to do more of this. Oh, and cross the bloody ball when we get the opportunity.

Now where have I heard that before?

The run in will all be about confidence.

Under Sheridan Fleetwood have turned it round. Oldham,Rochdale and MK have suddenly got better.

Walsall,Northampton and us are dropping rapidly

The game v Oldham comes at a poor time for us. They will feel confident and have a game plan.We will be nervous and unfortunately our players aren't the best for a relegation dog fight.

If we don't win,the next two games fill me with dread.Fleetwood who we have never beaten and Southend who must be our biggest bogey team.

Our best hope could be a win away at Darlington and get something against Rochdale.

Feeling really nervous now

Certainly feels like Oldham will have a big say in who goes down as they are still to play in order

Oxford a
Walsall h
Gillingham h
Rochdale a
Wimbledon a
Southend h
Doncaster a
Northampton a

Talk about being in control of your own destiny !!

Many of the teams below us have games against each other which means they will trading points

At the end of the day it's up to us to do it for ourselves but we should but remember that Oldham are not the ones in the bottom 4

You could make a fairly convincing argument that Oldham are in a false position using those fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom