Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Now this really is a big test for us. The Posh score for fun and don't let many in. A point against them will do me fine and a win would be fantastic.

Oxford 0 Peterborough 3

I just think they’ll be too strong for us. As good a feeling as we had from grabbing a deserved point against MK Dons, I still think we’re looking a little jaded and not firing at all up front.

Dan Agyei should start (and centrally please, KR). He needs to show something though and not give KR any excuses to publicly criticise him or haul him off after 60 minutes. Go out there, bully some defenders, use your pace and let them know they’re up against you.

I’d be thrilled with a draw. With the derby game a week away we need to play ourselves into some form. Swindon’s seven from nine recently suggests they have picked up a bit too.

Were overdue a win , were overdue a big win ....why not tomorrow night?
Can’t see it sarge imo this could be like that horrible Wigan game 0-7 just not as big a scoreline hopefully the posh are on fire and we’re like a led balloon struggling to get going at the moment

I am confident we will win tomorrow. Posh are a good team but we will get the rub of the green and come out on top. Nobody is invincible . Our turn to pick up 3points. Dan and Barker to score

Can’t see it sarge imo this could be like that horrible Wigan game 0-7 just not as big a scoreline hopefully the posh are on fire and we’re like a led balloon struggling to get going at the moment
I'm getting this feeling too. Maybe not 7-0, but it feels a lot like when we played them about this time last year - them in soaring form and us limping along a bit. You knew going in we were never going to win that, and they did us 4-0 with 10 men. I'd snap your hand off for a draw at this point.

I would go like this:

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Forde Brannagan
Lee Agyei Shodipo​

Just look to keep it really tight for 70 minutes (hence Forde in midfield), and then see what Barker can do coming on against a tiring defence for the final 20 minutes. I'm not convinced about Agyei starting up front alone in such a big game, but he looked on Saturday like a fire had been lit in him, and if he can put in a similar performance tomorrow night he'll be a really useful outlet - which he'll need to be, because I can see a lot of this game being played in our half.

to counter that, Lincoln were on fire a few weeks ago... then go and draw with scum then loose a 7 goal thriller to Plymouth ....'anything' can happen in league 1 this season... I fancy we're due to start firing on all cylinders and start banging goals in again, tomorrow evening would be an ideal time for that to start happening ...find out tomorrow I guess :sneaky:

Can't see this going brilliantly, but a win could definitely give us the confidence to start up another run. Our next two are against a struggling Charlton and the Scum so if we get three points against both without self-destructing and get a result at Hull we'll be flying again.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin Brannagan Kelly
Henry Lee
Taylor

Subs: Eastwood, Grayson, Forde, Barker, Shodipo, Sykes, Agyei​

I wouldn't start Agyei up front, I think that would be a bit of an overreaction. After all, if Taylor hadn't had that stinker against Tranmere no-one would even be questioning his place as our main man. I'd say he'd be much better used coming on for a waning Taylor and charging at the tiring defence with Barker alongside him. Bring Henry back into the 11 to play behind Taylor and link up with the likes of Kelly and Brannagan. Gorrin can as usual be our rock. I'd also like to see that lovely Long-Henry overlap thing that made appearances last season, possibly with Sykes in the mix in the second half to give the game some pace. The most important thing will be to not concede early and for Gorrin not to get booked, as if we can't have him going into tackles without the fear of a red, we could be in trouble, especially against this Clarke-Harris bloke. Obviously, best case scenario we bang one in early, but if we can keep it tight and bring on the pace and fancy footwork of Sykes and Barker and the marauding Agyei we might just get a good thing going...

Needs a performance like the ones we had to stop that run of poor games before going on the win streak. Real muck and nettles stuff from everyone and Ruffs and Long cutting out the threat from out wide. Gorrin needs to not get booked early, otherwise we will be in trouble. Expect Kelly to start, possibly Forde and/or Henry as well. Peterborough might very well be vulnerable at the back at times, so one of Shodipo or Barker on the left as an outlet. Agyei up front, but it won't happen.

I'd tear your arm off for a 1-1 at the moment.

For this game and against the strongest teams I think we might be well suited by this formation.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson
Sykes/Forde Brannigan Gorrin Ruffles
Lee/Henry Barker/Shodipo
Taylor/Aygei

This system would provide cover for Atkinson or Long pushing forwards. Would create a lot more stability in transition when we lose the ball. Would remove the need (or risk of them not doing it) of the three behind the striker not tracking back. It also allows where needed the midfield to be controlled with numbers. Ruffles and Sykes both have really good engines with Sykes being given more license than Ruffles this also allows us to slot into a back four at times during the game or when defending a counter attack by Long shifting across to right back and Ruffles dropping in. Right now I think this would be our strongest formation in the current block of games + other teams initially will not be expecting it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom