• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The team I would choose for this match
Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson ruffles
Kelly gorrin Brannigan
Shodipo agyei barker
Why not attack with pace from the start and actually try to hurt teams instead of waiting to concede and then start attacking

Fair enough, maybe. I just think KR has, whatever else you may think of him, an excellent record when it comes to bringing through youth players. Agyei is the most glaring exception, I can think of, to that general trend in the last couple of years. You can say 'play him through the middle', but he has had chances there before and failed to impress (people keep mentioning the Pompey game, but he hardly pulled up any trees there for me). This strikes me as a last-ditch effort to coax performances out of him, and if Saturday is anything to go by, it's worked a treat. He was brilliant, turned the game on its head. If KR has tried the softer touch approach you're advocating, which he may well have done, and it hasn't worked, surely this hard-line approach is justified if it's effective? Which, on Saturday's performance, it has been?

I'm not going to die on this hill and will be more than willing to concede that KR has got it wrong if that's how it turns out. It's just annoying to me that less than two weeks after going on a run of winning 11 in 12, people are using the Agyei situation to start getting the knives out for our manager again, and unhelpful, childish s**t like 'Gobbo' is starting to resurface. I think there are legitimate grounds we could be criticising him on at the minute - struggling to get the best out of a very talented attacking squad despite being well backed on deadline day, for example. I just don't think Agyei is the one.
What other games apart from the Portsmouth game (which I feel he played well in, but we’ll have to agree to disagree) did he start centrally and play poorly in?

And surely he’s earned another go anyway - Winnall has been poor there game after game, as has Taylor. For the here and now, why not give him another go?

This strikes me as a last-ditch effort to coax performances out of him, and if Saturday is anything to go by, it's worked a treat. He was brilliant, turned the game on its head. If KR has tried the softer touch approach you're advocating, which he may well have done, and it hasn't worked, surely this hard-line approach is justified if it's effective? Which, on Saturday's performance, it has been?

Didn't it only work due to chance (Winnall's injury), not by good management, as he came on as a left winger?

Win. Peterborough weren’t all that in first game. Manager must start Dan the man. I’d also find a place for Forde. This is not a great league this season.

Team A:

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Brannigan Sykes
Forde Agyei Shodipo

Team B:

Stevens
Gorrin
Brannigan Sykes
Lee
Agyei Taylor

Team C:

Stevens
Barker Gorrin Brannigan Shodipo
Taylor Agyei​

Win. Peterborough weren’t all that in first game. Manager must start Dan the man. I’d also find a place for Forde. This is not a great league this season.
I would try and find a place for Forde as well. His dead ball and crossing ability is better than anyone else that we have.

I would try and find a place for Forde as well. His dead ball and crossing ability is better than anyone else that we have.
You need a couple of players like him in a squad but he hasn’t always been great when he’s started, especially when in midfield- he always checks back and slows down the play.

Feels like we have been saying this for a couple of years.

Hopefully your optimism will win through and 3 points tomorrow will kick start another decent run.

Stevens
Long Atkinson Moore Ruffels
Forde Gorrin Brannagan
Lee Barker
Agyei
Think we'll have to play defensively tomorrow or risk being 3 down at half time hence my selection with. The pace of Agyei and Barker will be needed as an out ball.

A point would feel like a win tomorrow.

So difficult to call this. We are not firing on all cylinders by any means and they have a habit of turning us over.
Without a dramatic upturn in our fortunes and overall play, I can only see us getting beat.☹️

So difficult to call this. We are not firing on all cylinders by any means and they have a habit of turning us over.
Without a dramatic upturn in our fortunes and overall play, I can only see us getting beat.☹️
We beat them twice at home last season?
They are the form team and we aren't playing well. But you never know. Ww have some good players and on our day we are capable of beating them.
Let's hope that it's our day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom