Home Match Build Up 01/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Oxon U’s

Next up for the U’s is a big home game with out of form Ipswich Town on Tuesday night.

Ipswich have lost seven of their last ten games and beleaguered boss Paul Lambert is facing mounting pressure
at Portman Road. Town have a very long injury list and lost striker James Norwood and central defender
Toto Nsiala both to hamstring injuries in yesterday’s 0-2 home defeat to Charlton. Freddie Sears and
and Gwion Edwards are also nursing hamstring injuries. Teddy Bishop has an ankle injury, midfielder
Jon Nolan has a groin injury and James Wilson a knee problem.

What can possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
What I’m hoping for:

A sensible team selection, with the players who played well retained, in those positions, and the ones who didn’t, dropped

A hardworking performance from the players which shows Robinson hasn’t lost the dressing room, but also one in which they pass the ball around from the back and play calmly in our style, and with confidence. Players wanting the ball, and not just hoofing it and getting rid of it. Continual calm attacking if we’re 1-0 up with 20 mins to go.

And then a draw or a win with the above two elements in place, which will make me feel a lot more positive.

I can see the headlines now:

Bunch of crocks beat bunch of crocks.

In other news:

Passengers complain of bumpy ride when passing the Kassam.

What I’m hoping for:

A sensible team selection, with the players who played well retained, in those positions, and the ones who didn’t, dropped

A hardworking performance from the players which shows Robinson hasn’t lost the dressing room, but also one in which they pass the ball around from the back and play calmly in our style, and with confidence. Players wanting the ball, and not just hoofing it and getting rid of it. Continual calm attacking if we’re 1-0 up with 20 mins to go.

And then a draw or a win with the above two elements in place, which will make me feel a lot more positive.
Cards on the table - what team would you pick? :rolleyes:

Well I would like/expect some sort of "bounce back" from that 20 minute horror show.

I would also like to see Agyei`s name on the BBC text thing not preceded by "Foul by...".

Start again. 1-0 win or a 1-1 draw.

Well the only good thing about this game coming so quick after that dismal second half display against our local rivals is if we somehow put on a good performance and get a positive result then it may just help towards calming down a few of our angry fanbase. But if we lose this one then more questions will certainly be asked wether Robbo is the one to take us forwards.

Team selection going off performances can only be this surely.

Gk : Stevens
Defence : Long Atkinson Moore Ruffles
Midfield : Gorrin Kelly Mcguane
Forwards : Clare Agyei Obita

Would of included Taylor instead of Agyei but I'm guessing he will be banned from the incident with Curtis.

Stevens
Long Atkinson Moore Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin McGuane
Clare Taylor Obita

I'd also give Sam Long the armband and get him leading this team.

The subs could be anyone in all honesty, but I'd certainly consider putting 2 or 3 youth players in and leaving a few at home to reflect on their futures.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Obita
Henry Gorrin McGuane
Clare Taylor Cooper

Eastwood has to be dropped.
Ruffels has been shocking for a while. Obita is a natural left back.
Kelly looked done in after 60 minutes Saturday.

despite Saturdays collapse , think this will be a narrow home win 2-1 or even 1-0

I would bring Clare in for Henry and Stevens for Eastwood. We then have a sub list that uses players can play, a couple of the aspiring players that have a desire to succeed rather than Hall and Mous who are going nowhere

My expectations for tomorrow are low.

But I want to see a team that is at the very least prepared to give their all and is fit enough to do so for the whole game rather than half of it. Some players who have the ability to pass to ball ten yards into the path of a moving player, rather than behind him would be good and conceding less than two goals would be some sort of almighty triumph.

We won't win though.

My expectations for tomorrow are low.

But I want to see a team that is at the very least prepared to give their all and is fit enough to do so for the whole game rather than half of it. Some players who have the ability to pass to ball ten yards into the path of a moving player, rather than behind him would be good and conceding less than two goals would be some sort of almighty triumph.

We won't win though.
Successive home games against Swindon, Ipswich and Hull needs to see at least one victory, surely?

The game tomorrow night is winnable but of course won ‘t be straightforward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom