Home Match Build Up 01/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain to me why Mous is a sub when it is evident he is not fit.

Because we have nothing else as back up for central defence other than him and a handful of youth teamers? Mous did come through 90 mins in the Pizza Trophy not long ago so he is capable of playing although we now all know about his knee being held together with splints and sticky tape. He can muster a few minutes here and there but playing two 90 min matches in a week is beyond him.

The defence and the efforts to improve it with Dickie departing has been the glaring oversight from the summer. There is some sympathy in that the Mous knee situation has come to light after the transfer window closed, however the deals for improving that area should have been made way before that anyway. One of Omar Beckles and Ben Heneghan would have been a perfect fit in terms of position, profile and career experience.

Because we have nothing else as back up for central defence other than him and a handful of youth teamers? Mous did come through 90 mins in the Pizza Trophy not long ago so he is capable of playing although we now all know about his knee being held together with splints and sticky tape. He can muster a few minutes here and there but playing two 90 min matches in a week is beyond him.

The defence and the efforts to improve it with Dickie departing has been the glaring oversight from the summer. There is some sympathy in that the Mous knee situation has come to light after the transfer window closed, however the deals for improving that area should have been made way before that anyway. One of Omar Beckles and Ben Heneghan would have been a perfect fit in terms of position, profile and career experience.

100% percent agree about other CB's like Heneghan, and I have put that on another thread.

Of course, KR was chasing that 'elusive' left winger instead. Very poor management from him.

Its weird that im honestly past caring about this "team" after their second half efforts on Saturday. I think the game has come too soon for me and maybe after a week or so id mellow and have some enthusiasm back.

Ipswich are surprisingly awful. So are we. A draw.

What I don’t understand is this if KR knew obita was available why did he sign shodipo when we all knew he needed a CB

What I don’t understand is this if KR knew obita was available why did he sign shodipo when we all knew he needed a CB

Here is a choice of two answers for that:

A) KR has been completely naive about our CB frailties, i.e no experienced Pro/Leader

B) There are indeed 'not his signings, but the clubs'

I know which answer I would pick..............

Successive home games against Swindon, Ipswich and Hull needs to see at least one victory, surely?

The game tomorrow night is winnable but of course won ‘t be straightforward!
Yes, I agree we need desperately to win one of the next two. Although we all live in hope and we have seen *some* better play recently, I fear that we are unable to sustain that for a whole game and our defence is so porous (even in the first half on Saturday, we were getting beaten down the flanks repeatedly) that we will have to score at least two, probably three, to win. And I can't see us doing that TBH...

Here is a choice of two answers for that:

A) KR has been completely naive about our CB frailties, i.e no experienced Pro/Leader

B) There are indeed 'not his signings, but the clubs'

I know which answer I would pick..............
THREE answers.

C). KR is extremely stubborn and refuses to admit he can be wrong. In his view (and only his) a left winger wold be more effective than a CB in shoring up our defence. It’s the same stubbornness which refuses to acknowledge Eastwood needs replacing (against vast swathes of opinion to the contrary) or that his experiment with Clare as a full back has failed.

I would give Gorrin the captain's armband. I've noticed in the past few games he directs players quite forcefully, especially the two fullbacks and of course he provides the link between defence, midfield and attack. I would also put Obita in and rest Ruffels but am not sure that Clare can play without Henry feeding him but I would definitely have Clare in as right-wing.

Can anyone explain to me why Mous is a sub when it is evident he is not fit.

I'd also say KR likes having the option of bringing him on in an emergency whilst just having him there for assistant coaching duties most of the time.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly McGuane
Henry Taylor (if not banned) Obita

Leave Sykes at home and drop Shodipo off at QPR on the way, and bring Clare on to replace Henry after a while.

If we play Obita at left back, you'd hope he is going to be marauding (!) up the pitch. With Atkinson tending to do similar, poor old Gorrin is going to have enough to do without being the captain as well ;)

I'd also say KR likes having the option of bringing him on in an emergency whilst just having him there for assistant coaching duties most of the time.

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Kelly McGuane
Henry Taylor (if not banned) Obita

Leave Sykes at home and drop Shodipo off at QPR on the way, and bring Clare on to replace Henry after a while.
I would have thought that the last 10mins of Saturday was an emergency!! Anyway in my view a waste of 1 of 7 subs. KR needs to look at the team progressing rather than looking at players that used to be good but aren't either due to injury or form.

I would have thought that the last 10mins of Saturday was an emergency!! Anyway in my view a waste of 1 of 7 subs. KR needs to look at the team progressing rather than looking at players that used to be good but aren't either due to injury or form.
I completely agree but we all know what Karl's like...

Next up for the U’s is a big home game with out of form Ipswich Town on Tuesday night.

Ipswich have lost seven of their last ten games and beleaguered boss Paul Lambert is facing mounting pressure
at Portman Road. Town have a very long injury list and lost striker James Norwood and central defender
Toto Nsiala both to hamstring injuries in yesterday’s 0-2 home defeat to Charlton. Freddie Sears and
and Gwion Edwards are also nursing hamstring injuries. Teddy Bishop has an ankle injury, midfielder
Jon Nolan has a groin injury and James Wilson a knee problem.

What can possibly go wrong?
Absolutely nothing. Another 1-2 nailed on.

Looking at the top goal scorers in the league, Taylor's goal returns are not too bad despite him not being up to his usual standards.

Hopefully he can kick on and the players around him improve.

Its weird that im honestly past caring about this "team" after their second half efforts on Saturday. I think the game has come too soon for me and maybe after a week or so id mellow and have some enthusiasm back.

Ipswich are surprisingly awful. So are we. A draw.
Yes, looking forward to you being mellow and enthusiastic again!! *not bullying *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom