Away Match Day Thread +++ 01/09/2018 Sunderland v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

DannyW

Can't go I'm afraid, but have a feeling we may sneak this 1-2 OUFC Whyte and Henry to score. Im half expecting our Captain to spend some time on the bench. Of course you know who will score for them from a free kick.

Mitchell
Norman Nelson Mous Garbutt
Baptiste Brannagan
Whyte Henry Browne
Smith

0-1, Whyte '66. COYY

Didn't KR say that Holmes was likely to be on the bench for this one?

I hope the minority shareholder is having some fun with his train set! Choo choo

All joking aside, a tough game at a good team. So far, they have kept Oviedo and Cattermole which augurs well for them just on a pure talent level. We need to be on it and play again as a team. If we can make life difficult for them, who knows what is possible

3-1 to the yellows

Holmes, Smith and Whyte with the goals.

Honeymoon over for the smoggies. Glad the crowd will be over 30k. I hear there has been a lot of tickets given away to the local schools to boost the crowd which is a great incentive and helps the local community remember Adam Johnson.

I was speaking to a family member who once drove through Newcastle and he remarked that if Newcastle were in league one they would have sold out the game by now. I thought that was unfair and reminded him that Newcastle was the capital of Tyneside and Sunderland was a middle class suburb of it who are famed for their love of rugby and the Durham Tigers.

Looking forward to the game. I had a gander at trip advisor and found a lovely chi latte vegan bistro in an enchanting area called Marley Potts, sounds very wind in the willows-esq.

Anyway I'll be wearing my favourite yellow chinos tomorrow and looking forward to giving them a bloody good thumping and fingers crossed seeing Paul Gascoigne around the ground for some light hearted horseplay.

We have had a rather tough start to the season and I'm struggling to be optimistic about this one. I hope I'm wrong but I'll go for a 3-1 loss before our upturn in fortunes going into September against Cov and Wycombe before thumping City 4-1 at home.

Mitchell
Norman Dickie Mousinho Garbutt
Baptiste Brannagan
Whyte Henry Browne
Smith

Not convinced by Nelson's performances this season, Captain or not. Dickie looks better alongside Mous. Holmes on in 65' providing he's definitely fit, not a bad option to have off the bench.

Not disappointed with a loss as long as we play well, will be ecstatic with a win.

Heart says we'll sneak a plucky 1-0 victory in the 88th minute after being outplayed for much of the game in this, the away leg of the Charlie Methven Challenge Cup.

Head unfortunately suggests we'll get our trousers pulled down and suffer a humiliating 1-5 thrashing. The Smoggies didn't play mid-week and have a lot of goals in them. We're still trying to find our feet and have been travelling a lot this week so expecting tired legs and weary minds. Please go easy on us Mags.

Last edited:
Two wins on the bounce, momentum beginning to roll, despite the bastardFA lierally doing 'FA' to overturn a blatantly wrong straight red , thus sidelining mmbop for 3 games, Ive a feeling we'll not come home empty handed... either a close run draw, or a nick all 3 points in the last minute- and make Mr Methane's forehead appear even more Tefal like in the process :oops::oops::oops:

article-0-02C0C3C300000578-358_468x286.jpg

Last edited:
A win or even a draw and I will start to believe that the season might be better than I originally thought.
A loss of 2-0 or less and I would say that that would kill off any idea of promotion, but would mean a probably safe midfield position.
A thrashing of 4-0 or more and I will start to think 'relegation season'.

Unfortunately think the last will be true.

A win or even a draw and I will start to believe that the season might be better than I originally thought.
A loss of 2-0 or less and I would say that that would kill off any idea of promotion, but would mean a probably safe midfield position.
A thrashing of 4-0 or more and I will start to think 'relegation season'.

Unfortunately think the last will be true.

You can’t base a whole season off just one result, this is a tough away game and we haven’t completely sorted the defence out yet, I wouldn’t write anything off yet.

I said we will come 10th to 12th and I am sticking by that, think we will lose 3-1 tomorrow but get better as the season goes on.

3-1 to the yellows

Holmes, Smith and Whyte with the goals.

Honeymoon over for the smoggies. Glad the crowd will be over 30k. I hear there has been a lot of tickets given away to the local schools to boost the crowd which is a great incentive and helps the local community remember Adam Johnson.

I was speaking to a family member who once drove through Newcastle and he remarked that if Newcastle were in league one they would have sold out the game by now. I thought that was unfair and reminded him that Newcastle was the capital of Tyneside and Sunderland was a middle class suburb of it who are famed for their love of rugby and the Durham Tigers.

Looking forward to the game. I had a gander at trip advisor and found a lovely chi latte vegan bistro in an enchanting area called Marley Potts, sounds very wind in the willows-esq.

Anyway I'll be wearing my favourite yellow chinos tomorrow and looking forward to giving them a bloody good thumping and fingers crossed seeing Paul Gascoigne around the ground for some light hearted horseplay.

Do you think Alan Shearer will be there? Does he go to Newcastle’s reserve b team games? Would love his autograph.

I think Hanson is a massive loss for us. The difference he’s made against Accrington & Burton since finding his feet has been huge (though admittedly he was poor at Pompy) - and I still have nightmares about how easily Brannagan and Ruffels were torn to shreds by Barnsley and Fleetwood.

With him I felt a little more confident. Without him head says it could be another sobering afternoon as we’re so light centrally. Fingers crossed Holmes, Browne, Whyte and Henry have enough magic and combined minutes on the pitch between them to pull some magic out.

Would be chuffed if I’m making the long ass drive back on Saturday night with a point!

1-1 still looking for clean sheet.

Reckon Robinson will go for this side.
Mitchell
Norman Nelson Mousinho Garbutt
Brannagan Ruffles
Whyte Henry Holmes
Smith

Brannagan goal.

1200 away fans.

Need to do what happend against Burton and hack them down and stop Sunderland from playing.

Last edited:
I think you are all bloody mad.

A resounding away DEFEAT!!!! Take it. And. Move. On. Less than negative 3 goal difference will be a result.

Back
Top Bottom