Away Match Day Thread +++ 01/09/2018 Sunderland v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Leaving Didcot 7am, and looking forward to leaving the stadium of delight at 5pm with 3 points. Well here’s hoping.

A win or even a draw and I will start to believe that the season might be better than I originally thought.
A loss of 2-0 or less and I would say that that would kill off any idea of promotion, but would mean a probably safe midfield position.
A thrashing of 4-0 or more and I will start to think 'relegation season'.

Unfortunately think the last will be true.

So the whole season rests on today’s game?

Or am I being whooshed?

Do we know how tickets we’ve sold or what we’re expecting to take?

Do we know how tickets we’ve sold or what we’re expecting to take?

Earlier in the thread some said around 1100. What is not to love about our travelling support, bloody amazing ?

Days like today are about the heart leading the head and hoping to put one over the big time Charlies!!! 2 nil Oxford, Nelson and Smith - a penalty save from Mitchell and at least one red card!!

Having got the 3-1 last week and the 3-0 midweek right, think we might surprise again. They will try and kill the game in the first 20 but both teams have goals in them. Their manager comments suggest dismissive of us as a team out of form. A hard fought 1-2, coming from behind, with Browne and Holmes scoring for us. Finger biting and a key game for confidence. If we can win this we could easily win the next 3 or 4 too. COYY

Days like today are about the heart leading the head and hoping to put one over the big time Charlies!!! 2 nil Oxford, Nelson and Smith - a penalty save from Mitchell and at least one red card!!
It’s the red card that worries me

Not expecting anything at all today, I just hope there's no more injuries or suspensions and the margin of defeat and the performance isn't too demoralising.

I got a good feeling about today. I don’t think we will lose. 1:1 our goal being an og.

Ridiculous having an appeals board who arent willing to over-ride, Today will also be about discipline. They will be looking to get one of the full backs and midfielders booked first 20 mins - we need not to play into their hands and should probably be doing the same - we need t be winning every second ball today and attacking with pace at a full back with a booking who cant make the tackle.

You can’t base a whole season off just one result, this is a tough away game and we haven’t completely sorted the defence out yet, I wouldn’t write anything off yet.

I said we will come 10th to 12th and I am sticking by that, think we will lose 3-1 tomorrow but get better as the season goes on.

I'm not. I'm basing it on 7 league and cup matches. Three of which we have won against very poor opposition and 4 we have been badly beaten against better opposition. I forecast before the season even started that lower mid table was the most likely result , and I stick by that.

We are definitely improving but im not sure we are good enough yet. Expecting a decent performance but a 2-1 loss. Smith.

I think the schmoozing done by Robinson and bigging up of us amazing fans - the call to all get behind - suggests he is reading this forum. (Imagine the meltdown if he is Oxbible lol). KR has said we are "knowledgeable" and seems to mirror some of the comments/posts every time he interviews (at least I think thats what he is saying). Probably not too late t make a case for starting 11 today :)

Hoping for at least a decent performance and a good game couldn’t stand a thrashing. Having said that I got a good feeling about this - think they will underestimate us.

I’m hoping that they think this will be a walk in the park, if so I think we can get a result.
2-1 to the u’s

COYY

Back
Top Bottom