Away Match Day Thread +++ 01/09/2018 Sunderland v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Baptiste. Player
No need for any more midfield signings thanks.

As sounds level headed and sensible. Wants to stay with the team over the week to stake a claim before Hanson/Carruthers return...'I will always have matches for my country"

One of the best performance as a team since Millwall. A few silly mistakes at the back, but the pleasing thing was that when we went 0-1 up, we kept pushing forward.
A more precise target man would have put one of those chances away, and one point becomes 3.
Not many teams will go to the Stadium of Light, play as well as we did, and get a point this season

Perspective. Remember when we drew at home to Barrow in an FA Cup tie? The winner was to play Sunderland away.

Of course we lost that replay. Giving rise to the 'Barrow, on a Tuesday night' chant.

Fast forward 9 or so years and we are drawing away at Sunderland as equals.

The only competitive fixture Mrs MJB has ever witnessed at the Kassam, the lucky sod!

Seem to recall Foster was sent off and that was pretty much the end for him and saw Wright come in. The rest, as they say, is history!

Having just watched the highlights, why are the Sunderland fans bawling about the sending off? It was a cynical and nasty challenge (ie. not just a simple trip but with a bit of malice) getting what he deserved.
Power knew what he was doing. It was cynical and professional. Most Refs would not give it, but Sunderland were so chippy, can't blame him for giving it. Let's not forget Mags was one of a few players who were lucky to not get further punished because they could not give it up.

Having just watched the highlights, why are the Sunderland fans bawling about the sending off? It was a cynical and nasty challenge (ie. not just a simple trip but with a bit of malice) getting what he deserved.

Because they’re f*****g idiots?

Not long got back. Knackered after a very long day. Those of you that couldn’t make it. You missed a brilliant game! Great singing throughout from us fans, and got a great point although we could of got all three.

Thought Baptiste was absolutely brilliant I’m the middle today. In fact the whole team played really well. I think we are starting to click now. 3 games unbeaten, and I think there’s more to come.

Maguire very lucky to stay on the pitch, which is why Ross hooked him at Half Time. Max Power challenge - hmm wasn’t sure at the time, but on reflection I think the referee might of got it right. It’s was a great day out, the Sunderland fans I spoke to were excellent. Even a few after the game stopped and said we were the best team they’ve played so far, why are you near the bottom. We won’t be for long if we continue to play like we have recently. Onwards and upwards Haway the lads.

There was only one classless team and owner on show today (Chunterland). Their fans share one brain cell judging by their forums. Well done for the point Oxford and well done to Karl.

Looking at the fixtures, we should hopefully get a reasonable haul through September...hoping a few players find some fitness and return from injury.

Things look to be clicking, as KR said they would.

Take a look at the Coventry Rochdale highlights...not sure how Coventry didn't score!

In some respects, today was the Mackems welcome to L1 moment. An opponent better than advertised, a Ref who wasn't awed in their presence and players who've done well so far, falling to their norm. At least it wasn't Barrow away on a Friday night.

How will they cope?

Having looked at their forum, there are some positive honest comments, but as per there are some right Sunderland twats,

Such as

Their number ten literally thought he was Ronaldo with his soft diving and poncy Tory power stance/Ronaldo pre free kick pose

Few of their fans were sporting them before kick off aswell and a few top knots. The top knot the most despicable of hair cuts for a bloke.
( this was in reference that Holmes pony tail)

Having looked at their forum, there are some positive honest comments, but as per there are some right Sunderland twats,

Such as

Their number ten literally thought he was Ronaldo with his soft diving and poncy Tory power stance/Ronaldo pre free kick pose

Few of their fans were sporting them before kick off aswell and a few top knots. The top knot the most despicable of hair cuts for a bloke.
( this was in reference that Holmes pony tail)

Sounds like jealousy to me. Holmes had a good game and scored a beauty, Browne's delivery caused them no end of trouble, all game (not to mention his all round performance).

Team to be proud of yesterday and long may it continue.

Back
Top Bottom