Away Match Day Thread 01/03/22 L1: Portsmouth v OUFC

West Oxon U’s

REF WATCH

DHsaMf9XsAA0rRk

Melksham official Sam Allison,40, takes charge of his first Oxford Utd EFL match tonight at Fratton Park.
Allison, a firefighter based in Trowbridge was a former Chippenham Town midfielder and was promoted to the EFL list in the summer of 2020.

He did take charge of the U’s 1-4 EFL Trophy defeat at Cambridge last August in which he sent off Luke McNally.

This season he has officiated in 23 matches issuing 92 yellow cards and six reds.

Yellows going to the South coast today, take a brolly with you. It's going to be rainy.

Moore out for next 6-8 weeks. Will certainly damage our promotion hopes.

Moore definitely out. Hopefully Brown is recovered as a back three of Long, McNally, Brown actually is quite balanced, and way better defensively than a back four involving a winger at right back and Seddon at left back!

Yep. I’d opt for that. I think it’s time we tried to forget Cardiff fans’ comments on Brown and threw a little faith his way. He’s rough around the edges but looks competent enough at League 1 level. Remember he’s been plucked from the lower leagues too so will still be learning the game.

Exit Fratton Park this evening without a defeat and I’ll consider that a good night’s work. Come away with a win and I’ll be additionally delighted.

Moore out for next 6-8 weeks. Will certainly damage our promotion hopes.
“We’ll have to do it without Elliott Moore who will be out for three or four weeks with an ankle injury. That’s a blow because he has been excellent for us, but he may be back slightly ahead of that…”

That was KR, so hopefully less than 6-8 weeks?

REF WATCH

DHsaMf9XsAA0rRk

Melksham official Sam Allison,40, takes charge of his first Oxford Utd EFL match tonight at Fratton Park.
Allison, a firefighter based in Trowbridge was a former Chippenham Town midfielder and was promoted to the EFL list in the summer of 2020.

He did take charge of the U’s 1-4 EFL Trophy defeat at Cambridge last August in which he sent off Luke McNally.

This season he has officiated in 23 matches issuing 92 yellow cards and six reds.
This guy was atrocious in that game, so I think he could be out of his depth tonight, particularly if it gets as feisty as games against Portsmouth usually do. And he's from suspiciously close to Swindon!

Edit: His cousin is Fitzroy Simpson, ex Swindon and Portsmouth. I don't have a good feeling about this.

This guy was atrocious in that game, so I think he could be out of his depth tonight, particularly if it gets as feisty as games against Portsmouth usually do. And he's from suspiciously close to Swindon!

Edit: His cousin is Fitzroy Simpson, ex Swindon and Portsmouth. I don't have a good feeling about this.
likely bookings for both Bran and Tayls on the , err, cards then? .... Im with @Colin B ^^ in being a bit concerned about his ability to handle what is invariably a hot blooded encounter ( V Pompey) , especially with his scum connection AND Allison's liking for handing out red cards

as he's from Trowbrige, here's hoping hes a Brizzle City fan ( Trowbridge does traditionally have a leaning towards them, being arguably the biggest club closeish to there) and not a scummer/ scum sympathiser

battling 1-2 away win ... late winner to take all the spoils, Tayls and Baldock

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom