Home Match Day Thread +++ 01/02/2020 L1 OUFC V Blackpool FC +++

How anyone saw it any different I don’t know?
This is why you get so many different opinions as depending on where you sit you get a different perspective.
I love the atmosphere from behind the goal but you don’t see the game properly.
SSU probably have the best view but north stand mid level upwards also gives you a great view of the game as a whole.

Radio Oxford said that Karl and Zaki we’re having strong words after the game, but apparently they made up in the end. Not sure what it was about though.

I still get the feeling that Karl is/was annoyed with the board!

Sorry, they didn't say they made up, simply that they had a hug. Possibly the only way out of an embaressing situation that should have taken place behind closed doors, as should have the shouting and gesturing that
A lot reading too much into not much!

Another prediction from the crystal ball?

ok, mackie passed it back (keeping possesion) ok,the pass from Thorne wasnt the best but at the end of the day that was a terrible back pass by Ruffles and no-one else can be blamed....he got away with it and we move on.

Sorry, they didn't say they made up, simply that they had a hug. Possibly the only way out of an embaressing situation that should have taken place behind closed doors, as should have the shouting and gesturing that

Another prediction from the crystal ball?
I like that. Karl to Zaki "I'm not happy with you" Zaki to Karl "what, you want some" , both of them "well this is embarrassing, let's have a hug"!

I like that. Karl to Zaki "I'm not happy with you" Zaki to Karl "what, you want some" , both of them "well this is embarrassing, let's have a hug"!

Oops sorry, I forgot we'd gone back to the dark ages....Sorry, it should be:

Karl says, We all love each other, as I was just shouting up to tiger, hug me zaki, hug me.... :ROFLMAO:

After a quite frankly guff few days, I was hoping (on my 40th birthday no less) that the team would serve up a present.

Sure enough, the result went the right way, and whilst it was a bang average gane between two out of form teams, there were moments of hope.

And when Ruffs put Madine through in the dying seconds...well...it was all set to be the icing on a particularly turdy cake.

But lo and behold...all the composure Madine showed in his first goal disappeared and he served up the gift.

Whilst the squad gets fitter, some improved (Long, Sykes) and some with work to do (Ruffs, Holland), but the result was more important. And listening to Zaki on Radox beforehand serve up a batch of absolute drivel suggests there are plenty of fundamental problems to fix.

Psychologically though, the win was vital. A loss today following the deadline day fails would have been tough to take.

Onwards and upwards.
What did Zaki say that was drival? So easy to insult a board member isn't it?

Sit right behind the bench and KRs shouting was definitely not directed at Zaki. They actually exchanged a smile after Madine missed. It was after that that KR went in to a rant at somebody in the SSU.

JR was on the back foot and played a horrible ball to their forward. JR is not without fault, but Mackie is definitely at fault. How often do you see a forward waving his arms in apology for close shave at the other end?
Sorry that is nonsense.
Ruffles had options but played a shocking back pass directly to their striker.
I am not saying that Mackue shouldn't have done better but the pass to their striker from out defender was 100% JRs fault.
Maybe Kevin Brock was not to blame in the Everyon game those years ago?

Sorry that is nonsense.
Ruffles had options but played a shocking back pass directly to their striker.
I am not saying that Mackue shouldn't have done better but the pass to their striker from out defender was 100% JRs fault.
Maybe Kevin Brock was not to blame in the Everyon game those years ago?
I still blame Alan irvine for fouling Hebberd and having him carried off , Brock would have stayed on the wing and not been in the position to do the backpass ! Whatmore was the sub (only 1 in those days) so had to reshuffle midfield

Sit right behind the bench and KRs shouting was definitely not directed at Zaki. They actually exchanged a smile after Madine missed. It was after that that KR went in to a rant at somebody in the SSU.
I missed the start of Karls interview but he was mentioning that he had some anger directed at someone that wasn't Oxford United staff.

Long and Sykes were very good and have both come on leaps and bounds (well done them and coaching staff)
Gorrin to me was outstanding. He does so much work and limits the other teams chances.
And Browne of course. He was very good last season ( I remember at their place Sunderland players chopping him down at every opportunity as they couldn't cope with him). So far this season, from what I have seen, he seems an even better player. Over the past few seasons we have been privileged to see some excellent young players.
We are lucky to have KR.
Players like Fosu and Browne seem to really trust him and his methods.

That the Fos/Bap decision wasn't financial

Unable to answer question regarding Buy out clause

A lot of waffle and non committal generalisation about how the club is being managed.

Vocabulary.com defines drivel as boring, nonsensical or useless information.

So I'd say my description was on the money.

Last edited:
I read that a supporter called KR a c*** for not getting in a striker and right back.
Not sure whether accurate.

A lot of waffle and non committal generalisation about how the club is being managed.

Vocabulary.com defines drival as boring, nonsensical or useless information.

Well done mate give yourself a pat on the back and keep wallowing in your negative sanctimonious bubble.
The club is in the greatest position it’s been in in decades and all you want to do it undermine it.
b****r off

Well done mate give yourself a pat on the back and keep wallowing in your negative sanctimonious bubble.
The club is in the greatest position it’s been in in decades and all you want to do it undermine it.
b****r off
Lot of Zaki fans on tonight. Read the original post. No wallowing at all.

Vocabulary.com defines drival as boring, nonsensical or useless information.

He did not say it wasn't financial. He said they could have not sold Baptiste but they chose to sell him. If fosu wanted to go would you have kept him? The clause was triggered! He sad yearly losses are in fact nearer 3m a year.

Back
Top Bottom