Home Match Day Thread +++ 01/02/2020 L1 OUFC V Blackpool FC +++

Well and a win in the league, very much needed and keeping us close to the mixer.
Even if not pretty at the end, could be a massive 3 points at the end of the season.

It was Ruffels who did the terrible back pass not Mackie.
This is true, but it was Mackie's pass backwards that was against the whole Oxford game play and put JR in a position where he ended up playing a s**t ball.

It may of been Ruffels bad backpass but he should of never been in that position. Mackie got the ball and instead of running forward to the corner... baring in mind he had been on the pitch like 10 mins he decided to go back and put us in trouble. He literally offers nothing.

Last edited:
Very sensible caller just on I think he was called jon

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
It may of been Ruffels bad backpass but he should of never been in that position. Mackie got the ball and instead of running forward to the corner... baring in mind he had been on the pitch like 10 mins he decided to go back and put is in trouble. He literally offers nothing.

Very much this.

And was excused by Robinson because the mistake was made 'by a player who cares'. Similar comment made by him about the opening goal we conceded.

Well said Foley , people seem to jump on the bandwagon with Mackie.
Sorry, but Mackie absolutely created that situation. Everyone, including the crowd, expected him to play that ball forward and he gave them about 40 m of possession by playing it backwards. JR was on the back foot and played a horrible ball to their forward. JR is not without fault, but Mackie is definitely at fault. How often do you see a forward waving his arms in apology for close shave at the other end?

Massive three points today, well done all involved.

Maybe if everyone sticks together from now and put all the diifferences of the last couple of days behind us, we still can do something special. I’ll hold my hands up and admit that my faith did wobble a bit after Thursday but I’ll do my best to stay positive from now through all the ups and downs that will surely come between now and May. Lets all remember we all support the same team.

It was Ruffels who did the terrible back pass not Mackie.

Correct it was. But Mackie caused it by passing back to ruffles when he was under pressure when there was an easy ball forward.

Back
Top Bottom