Home Match Day Thread +++ 01/02/2020 L1 OUFC V Blackpool FC +++

DannyW

Looking for an important win still without Cam Bran and Taylor but James Henry back. We should be strong enough to win this.

Looking for an important win still without Cam Bran and Taylor but James Henry back. We should be strong enough to win this.

Do you know we’re still without Brannagan and Taylor?

If we’re still without them then I wouldn't be as confident of the win.

Brannagan unexpectedly "came back" a few games ago and it was clear he shouldn't have.

I'd rather he waited another week to be sure.

IIRC he got a knock on his knee towards the end of the Ipswich game.
Thanks - I think that was it.
His seeming inability to start a run of games (even before this knock) is another matter entirely though (and why I hope we are considering VERY carefully whether to sign him permanently) - anyone know what that's all about?

Thanks - I think that was it.
His seeming inability to start a run of games (even before this knock) is another matter entirely though (and why I hope we are considering VERY carefully whether to sign him permanently) - anyone know what that's all about?
Yes; all very strange - and being kept under wraps!

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels
Gorrin
Sykes Fittest CM
Holland Agyei Browne​

I’d be happy with the above. Pace to burn up front.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Sykes
Holland Agyei Browne

SUBS: Mackie, Henry, Thorne, Hanson, Moore, Jones, Stevens​

It’s time to start throwing players like Kelly and Agyei in at the deep end now, it’s the only way to get them match fit, along with Henry and Thorne on after 65mins.

Only a win will do tomorrow, my god do we all need it!

COYY

Eastwood
Long Dickie Mous Ruffels
Kelly Gorrin Sykes
Holland Agyei Browne

SUBS: Mackie, Henry, Thorne, Hanson, Moore, Jones, Stevens​

It’s time to start throwing players like Kelly and Agyei in at the deep end now, it’s the only way to get them match fit, along with Henry and Thorne on after 65mins.

Only a win will do tomorrow, my god do we all need it!

COYY
Henry has to play if fit?
Play Kelly if fit definitely. Agyei? Not convinced. Play Browne up front.

Henry has to play if fit?
Play Kelly if fit definitely. Agyei? Not convinced. Play Browne up front.
Henry is the first name on the team sheet if fit, but it might be wise to bring him off the bench for 30mins tomorrow, and against Newcastle, so he can get up to full match fitness for the rest of the season, we desperately need him back firing on all cylinders again.

Agyei can’t be any less of a goal threat than Mackie, may as well give him a go

Since 4 or 5 players will be coming back after injury I'm not so confident over this one. The longer the match goes without us scoring the less confident I will become.

Mackie will start up front. He’ll trip over the ball on the goal line, slide all the way down it and as a result the ball will technically cross the line off his a**e. This will then lead to people saying that it proves anyone who ever questioned him is stupid, because his third goal in 33 appearances going in means he’s a legend. His name will then be sung for the rest of the game, and he will be cheered as he clatters into defenders two seconds after they’ve already passed the ball to someone else, eventually picking up a needless booking while shouting at the referee and waving his arms. At this point grown men will weep in the stands and there will be calls for a statue to be erected of him ASAP.

We will however win the game 2-0.

Easty

Long
Dickie
Mous
Ruffs

Gorrin
Sykes
Henry

Holland
Mackie
Browne

Subs - Stevens, Moore, Kelly, Thorne, Taylor, Agyei, Hanson

Brannagan sold at 10:59 this evening, to Sunderland...

A 1-0 win. Browne with a Beauchampesque half volley from 35 yards in the 70th minute.

Back
Top Bottom