League One Wycombe takeover by Kazakhstan billionaire

Didn’t even average 5,000 last season and never took 20,000 up the road to Wembley so they are a strange investment, building up a club in what is a commuter town surrounded by smaller commuter towns isn’t easy, they will struggle to get fans in however they do.

If it’s a toy for him then fair enough he is rich enough to get them some success, if it’s to build them into something then you wonder how he will do that when it’s a London overspill, most of the people that live there support the big London clubs and won’t change.

Didn’t even average 5,000 last season and never took 20,000 up the road to Wembley so they are a strange investment, building up a club in what is a commuter town surrounded by smaller commuter towns isn’t easy, they will struggle to get fans in however they do.

If it’s a toy for him then fair enough he is rich enough to get them some success, if it’s to build them into something then you wonder how he will do that when it’s a London overspill, most of the people that live there support the big London clubs and won’t change.

I don't think they can increase their stadium capacity by much either due to lack of access roads.

I don't think they can increase their stadium capacity by much either due to lack of access roads.

I don’t think they need to unless they planned on building a bigger away end. These are Wycombes best years really, crowds at football are up and they have struggled to get 4000 home fans in, just not got a fan base to draw from in such a commuter area.

Already a thread for this...

I hate to say "I told you so" but here's my Financial Analysis from the Fans View, six months ago. I mention ownership, and Lomtadze in the last few paragraphs. Despite what has been said in the Wycombe press release, I suspect strongly that the loan, and charge, registered in October have facilitated the Couhigs being squeezed out. Rob Couhig will be next to go, once the new guys have got their feet under the table.

Attachments

• Wycombe Wanderers Financial Analysis Text.pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 20
I don’t understand why these type of owners buy clubs with a low level of natural support and then expect they can spend their way to success.

Wrexham I think an exception as they have a good history and fanbase and perhaps merit championship / league one football.

Wycombe I see as league 2 / non-league.
Salford, Eastleigh, Forest Green, Fleetwood are no more than non league teams who’ve had too much money thrown at them.

There are plenty of deserving clubs that could do with a saviour. Bury, Oldham , Stockport, Halifax , York

Though fans might say actually we are happy playing at a level and get promoted or relegated every few seasons from their natural level.

I’d like to see us as in the Championship and then in a new stadium. Helpfully not yo-yoing quite as much as Rotherham.

Also an article that annoyed me was that Ipswich back to back promotions will never happen again. Always dream.

It’s interesting that they tried to buy Readings training/academy ground and have taken Everton’s academy man. With London being up the road and in the top 3 producers of footballers at the World Cup (behind Paris and pretty much level with São Paulo) I wonder if the aim is to basically turn them into an academy with a professional team attached to it, produce footballers to sell on using the first team as shop window? Using one of the smaller, less passionately followed clubs but who have a geographical location in the most populated part of England (the south eat/London) does make sense for that.

I don’t understand why these type of owners buy clubs with a low level of natural support and then expect they can spend their way to success.

Wrexham I think an exception as they have a good history and fanbase and perhaps merit championship / league one football.

Wycombe I see as league 2 / non-league.
Salford, Eastleigh, Forest Green, Fleetwood are no more than non league teams who’ve had too much money thrown at them.

There are plenty of deserving clubs that could do with a saviour. Bury, Oldham , Stockport, Halifax , York

Though fans might say actually we are happy playing at a level and get promoted or relegated every few seasons from their natural level.

I’d like to see us as in the Championship and then in a new stadium. Helpfully not yo-yoing quite as much as Rotherham.

Also an article that annoyed me was that Ipswich back to back promotions will never happen again. Always dream.

Bury have been embarrassing themselves in the last week or so:

The fans I can understand making comments even if the ones in the article are just dumb but the club making comments on social media and suggesting how dare Wythenshawe not follow their demands or switch it to Gigg Lane (which apparently was pushed by Bury).

They then lost the Play Off on penalties so have another year in the North West Counties Premier Division:

I hate to say "I told you so" but here's my Financial Analysis from the Fans View, six months ago. I mention ownership, and Lomtadze in the last few paragraphs. Despite what has been said in the Wycombe press release, I suspect strongly that the loan, and charge, registered in October have facilitated the Couhigs being squeezed out. Rob Couhig will be next to go, once the new guys have got their feet under the table.
And re reading that you called it.

Back
Top Bottom