Championship Wycombe

You have to give them some credit there anti football tactics nearly worked in the championship but I can’t see them getting 12 goals or derby vs sheff Wednesday being a high scoring game

Still going down, that's hardly a "high"
But people had written them off at the start of the season and they have taken it to the last have of the season. And have taken points from playoff teams in the last few weeks.

The points that got this season is more than Hull, Sunderland and Bolton got when they were relegated.

If I was a Wycombe fan, I'd be pretty happy. But I'm glad I'm not a fan 😊

Last edited:
But people had written them off at the start of the season and they have taken it to the last have of the season. And have taken points from playoff teams in the last few weeks.

The points that got this season is more than Hull, Sunderland and Bolton got when they were relegated.

If I was a Wycombe fan, I'd be pretty happy. But I'm glad I'm not a fan 😊
got more points than everyone expected but have been bottom the whole season.

Plucky is the word I think.
The likes of Quest and Sky have given them an absolute love in this season. They got battered 7-2 at Brentford and I think it was BBC live score said "they played their part" a great example of subtle media bias.

Oh and some of the possession stats etc for them have been insane. And not in a good way.

The worst thing I find is they pretend there a little team with a little budget but the problem is when you have a player like akinfenwa what else can they spend the budget on except food joking aside they are a non league team who have hopefully had their season in the sun and can now disappear back to where they belong

I guess in general their style doesn't work so well against the better footballing nature of the regular championship, but perhaps comes more into it's own at this stage in the season where things get more scrappy and tense (as we found to our cost at Wembley)

Will Wycombe be seen as a scalp in league 1 this season?

hmm (thinks for about 2 seconds) - NO.
No, they’re a shite club that got into the Championship
Will Wycombe be seen as a scalp in league 1 this season?

hmm (thinks for about 2 seconds) - NO.
hmm (thinks for about 2 milliseconds) - NO.

Don’t need to think about that if they are a scalp for any team except Fleetwood maybe then nah they are shite and didn’t deserve to play championship football

Haven’t heard any more about their appeal to stay up instead of Derby.
I don’t expect we will as games start very soon now

Just read that the appeal was quietly brushed under the carpet so the original relegation places are confirmed and Derby get fined £100000

Maybe not as they’re lower in the rankings.
Maybe something for us all to gloat about if they do a Luton
I hope they do, so a Luton as if I was a Luton town supporter and the scum got away with it all I would be pissed at that, and I think Gary Sweet and Nick Owen would be pissed as well.

Back
Top Bottom