Matches Would you attend football matches as of now?

Would you return to the Kassam Stadium (and/or follow to away stadium)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well rather than "ineffective", perhaps "less effective" in the story below for one particular vaccine.

60% compared to 95%. So if the whole aim has been to get people vaccinated and the country back to normal, the SA variant (and others to come) will I think delay this for months to come.

As there are several vaccines out there, presumably some are more effective than others, but i don't believe the tweak to modify them is going to be a five minute (or even five week) job. story below says could be six months.

No matter how good a vaccine it will never remove a virus like the Flu it still exists and mutates every year. Vaccinating the whole population will not get rid of the virus, no evidence to say how long the vaccine lasts or if its safe for kids to take.

I think we are either going to have to vaccinate the ones at risk of serious illness or death from this virus and change the way we live with masks, distancing being the normal, working from home. This will have a real impact on people's mental state and the economy will never recover.

Or we vaccinate all the ones at risk and any one over the age of 60. Then go back to normal with no masks, restrictions and just treat this like the flu. Economy saved, people's mental health improves.

Vaccinated everyone is not the way forward for me. Unless they going to vaccinate the whole world's population.

I’m 48, in good health and have worked from home for 11 months only leaving home to exercise and food shop. Not seen parents in 70/80’s for a year. I would not go back to the football until things are safer. We’ve gone this far - a few more months won’t hurt. I’m not worried about me - it’s others I want to protect.

I'm 33, went to the games when we was able, I miss it.
If we was able to go like when in tier 1/2 then I'd be happy for that.

I am inclined to just let this season go.

We have come this far and for the sake of what would amount to a few games, I would be happy to continue with i follow rather than chance upsetting the progress we are making with the vaccine and the very gradual fall in cases.

I would go in one hour if there was a game tonight. I want my football fix back. Tired of being controlled, and told we can and can’t do.

Having had Covid back in December and my first vaccination January, providing social distancing was in place etc., I'd feel more comfortable going knowing my antibodies are relatively high at present. I think I'd even take 1 match now and not go to one for the rest of the season just for my fix right now.

Tired of being controlled, and told we can and can’t do.

It is for good reason.

Hopefully things will move on at a pace now that the vaccine program is being rolled out with excellent efficiency.

I work in an environment where covid is present and has been for a number of months. But through wearing PPE and socially distancing as best I can, I have remained safe. So I would have confidence in the system if and when another safe return can take place. However, I'm not sure that I'd take my kids, not because of the risk but because the experience would be very different and I want them to love the whole match day experience as much as just the game.

Back
Top Bottom