Matches Wigan Match off?

Orkney Islands Yellow

Looking at the weather this week, especially the overnight temperatures, I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday's game is called off.

The groundstaff have covered the pitch already but with daytime temps struggling to get much above freezing all week I don't think anyone could grumble if it were to be off.

Looking at the weather this week, especially the overnight temperatures, I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday's game is called off.

The groundstaff have covered the pitch already but with daytime temps struggling to get much above freezing all week I don't think anyone could grumble if it were to be off.
When was the last time a home match was called off due to the weather?

Jan 2017 v Bradford City FL Trophy.

Called off 5 minutes before kick off, not entirely disappointed as it was the coldest I've ever been at Grenoble Road and that's saying something. I think the replay was when Marvin Johnson scored the 30 yard screamer.

I think the club will be doing anything to avoid further fixture congestion.

Called off 5 minutes before kick off, not entirely disappointed as it was the coldest I've ever been at Grenoble Road and that's saying something. I think the replay was when Marvin Johnson scored the 30 yard screamer.

I think the club will be doing anything to avoid further fixture congestion.
I was at the ground and being very cold when it was called off!

its a few days away yet, but, long range weather forecast for Cowley area is 7 degrees for Saturday ... though its 3,3,3, & 5 degrees for the next four days

tomorrow nights away to Gas however is likely, (if it goes ahead) to be played on a pitch that will freeze/ frost up quite quickly

its a few days away yet, but, long range weather forecast for Cowley area is 7 degrees for Saturday ... though its 3,3,3, & 5 degrees for the next four days

tomorrow nights away to Gas however is likely, (if it goes ahead) to be played on a pitch that will freeze/ frost up quite quickly
Where are you getting your weather reports from?

Looks like 1 or 2 degrees max in the day even on Saturday on BBC weather, going down to -7 at night.

Where are you getting your weather reports from?

Looks like 1 or 2 degrees max in the day even on Saturday on BBC weather, going down to -7 at night.
BBC local TV/ weather, yesterday.... and of course (long-ish range ) forecasts can and often do change.... and in retrospect, I probably 'missed' the minus ( -) symbol next to the 7 on said weather report :rolleyes:

My weather forecast says something different 2,1,2,-1 on Saturday
With nighttime temps -6,-4.-4 so let’s hope the ground staff work some magic otherwise I think it will be off on Saturday

Back
Top Bottom