National News When was the last time you..........

I don't know, what kind of financial commitment would that involve?
Anything from a groat to a farthing seems a sensible price range to me, anymore than that I will continue to shout at ifollow instead

London black cab yesterday. Wanted to give a tip, but they can't add that onto card payments, so used cash.

If you go to posh supermarket surely you must tip the serfs who push your trolley around and load it in your car

The Aldi ones used to take a €1 which was handy when I returned from holiday

The Aldi ones used to take a €1 which was handy when I returned from holiday
.... pre Euro ... and going back 'a few' years ( in the late 80s), the old sterling 5p piece was the same size and weight as a German mark... travelling to and from European scooter rallies on mainland Europe, by accident initially , one of our number found that vending machines took 5p pieces .... from then on, for a few years, it was stock up on 5p coins for a cheaper than expected foray's into Germany..... for them dirty smokers amongst us ( self included) it was 15p a pack of 20 , amongst other vending machine bargains

.... pre Euro ... and going back 'a few' years ( in the late 80s), the old sterling 5p piece was the same size and weight as a German mark... travelling to and from European scooter rallies on mainland Europe, by accident initially , one of our number found that vending machines took 5p pieces .... from then on, for a few years, it was stock up on 5p coins for a cheaper than expected foray's into Germany..... for them dirty smokers amongst us ( self included) it was 15p a pack of 20 , amongst other vending machine bargains
I lived in Germany for a year and stocked on 5ps before I left. I must have completely filled the local phone box with 5ps for my weekly calls home!

Spent 50p at the garage this morning to pump up a flat-ish tyre.

@Sarge - yes! I remember the old 5p piece was the same size as the 1Mark coin back in the 80's. I remember being there in about 85 and feeling very pleased with the bargain basement aquisitions from German vending machines :cool:

Today was the day....... £1.50 in cash for 5 large bananas at the fruit & veg stall at work! :)

If you go to posh supermarket surely you must tip the serfs who push your trolley around and load it in your car

🤣🤣 Tipping !, what’s that.

How the heck do you think I can afford a posh seat ☺️.

Anyway... not having anyone load shopping into my Bentley, they might grubby finger marks all over the paint work.

Back
Top Bottom