Matches Were we lucky Matt Taylor didn't get sent off yesterday?

Orkney Islands Yellow

I thought this yesterday and I think so even more having watched the highlights this morning. (Around 40 seconds in:
)

Taylor put in a horrible two footer on their keeper when closing down a back pass. I think if their fans were in the stadium Taylor may have received a straight red. Credit to their keeper for not making a meal of it, think that saved him too.

Glad he isn't suspended especially with Winnall's injury but it shows Taylor is frustrated at the moment but that isn't the thing to do. Hopefully the coaching staff can improve his form and mood. 20210228_123706.jpg

Didn't really notice it live, but did on the first replay. Amazed that their team, especially the keeper, didn't even appeal. A proper "striker's challenge"

Oof. I hadn’t spotted that. It looks as though Taylor was using his body to narrow the space between the keeper and the ball but by jumping into it turned it into a nasty two-footed effort.

I’ve got my rose tinted glasses on and think he was jumping to stop the ball after it was being kicked by the goalie who seemed to try and move the ball to his kicking foot ,but it looked bad the way he landed , glasses off got away with that one.

Nahhhh.. keeper went to clear the ball, MT goes against the ball with two feet not the keeper. :)

Thought this too, was surprised commentators, MK players or staff didn't kick off.
Yet rhey kicked of about throw ins that weren’t theirs or one of their players smothering true ball which resulted in a free kick to them but when when Gorrin did it few weeks ago and the free kick went against him, maybe Robbo and co on the bench should shout more....

Taylor's always doing stuff like this. Niggly little things which in a VAR league would last until his first really stupid red card. Fear the Mackie influence may have done more harm than good here.

Back
Top Bottom