National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
Odd there’s nothing stopping anyone booking in on the system. That means if they rightly turn people away they’re going to have surplus vaccine as well as unused slots that could have been filled with the correct cohort.

If you don't meet the necessary cohorts then there's a pretty good chance you'll be turned away. People are being asked for proof of relevant occupation, carer roles, gp referrals or anything with date of birth on.
You dont need to take proof of age, and no questions about job were asked.

Odd.

I booked a couple of weeks ago. There was a question - Are you under 70 (probly 65 now), which I'm not so I registered as a front line worker and tomorrow I have to take:
proof of ID/ address / age (passport, drivers licence
Letter from council stating the group I volunteer under is real
Letter from group saying that I have contact with people regular-like
An official lanyard (my proudest possession)
My medical details (NHS no, treatment)

Maybe it's changed now.

Odd.

I booked a couple of weeks ago. There was a question - Are you under 70 (probly 65 now), which I'm not so I registered as a front line worker and tomorrow I have to take:
proof of ID/ address / age (passport, drivers licence
Letter from council stating the group I volunteer under is real
Letter from group saying that I have contact with people regular-like
An official lanyard (my proudest possession)
My medical details (NHS no, treatment)

Maybe it's changed now.
Yes, I find it odd but it looks kosher. I think it’s new, since loads of times were available. I had to put my NHS number in so my age is confirmed.

Again odd.

I can't book using it despite being among the group that's being done now albeit not qualifying through age or frontline status.

Getting mine today, have to go to Kennington. I'm 60 with type 2 diabetes - group 6

Weirdly my m8 is 55 who moved to Witney last year had his yesterday, 55yrs old with no medical conditions.

Just checked on NHS site and first condition is “Are you over 64?”. I am so I booked in at Milton Keynes.

Edit. Just rechecked and managed to rebook at Kasstad with quicker date for Sunday so happy days.

Last edited:
You dont need to take proof of age, and no questions about job were asked.

Client booked this way. They are linked with the care industry, but even so he said they were initially resistant to giving the jab. He went through quite a detailed Q&A and then got it.

Maybe it has changed and also if you get a later appointment in the day it is more relaxed if they have surplus vaccine to start farming out. 🤔

Client booked this way. They are linked with the care industry, but even so he said they were initially resistant to giving the jab. He went through quite a detailed Q&A and then got it.

Maybe it has changed and also if you get a later appointment in the day it is more relaxed if they have surplus vaccine to start farming out. 🤔
I’ll be a bit cross if I get there and am turned away. I’ve got an email confirming the appointment and also one for the second jab in May.

Armful of Pfizer received this afternoon(y)

I had a text from my GP surgery at the start of the week with a link to a booking website. Have to say I thought it was a scam at first so did due dilligence and it turned out to be genuine. Booking system simply asked for DoB (as it was a unique link for my appointment) then offered me a range of appointment slots.

On arrival, joined the back of a long, but fast moving queue outside the health centre. Bloke on the door confirmed by time slot and name...oto next station (hand sanitiser)...on to next station (info about vaccine) . . .then in for the jab - all over in 5 mins. 15 min wait before exit and Bob's your aunty's live-in lover.

There's a difference between those who are being invited to have their vaccines, and those who book through the NHS website where you can self refer. Those self referring will be subject to questions to confirm eligibility. As an example, a family friend has booked under the "carer" criteria because they do an online shop for their mum. However, the official criteria is that you must be a registered carer, or in receipt of a carers allowance (which can only be given for those who "care" for 35 hours per week). Now she may blag her way in tonight, but it's highly likely that she will be asked to evidence her carer credentials - and I hope she is as she's blocking someone far more needy.

There's a difference between those who are being invited to have their vaccines, and those who book through the NHS website where you can self refer. Those self referring will be subject to questions to confirm eligibility. As an example, a family friend has booked under the "carer" criteria because they do an online shop for their mum. However, the official criteria is that you must be a registered carer, or in receipt of a carers allowance (which can only be given for those who "care" for 35 hours per week). Now she may blag her way in tonight, but it's highly likely that she will be asked to evidence her carer credentials - and I hope she is as she's blocking someone far more needy.

But if it's late enough she'll get the vaccine anyway to save waste and someone of a greater risk category will be delayed.

What an A*****e.

I’ve got it my appointment - I’m not expecting questions, it wouldn’t make sense to get a load of people to travel and mill about and then turn them away.

I’ve got it my appointment - I’m not expecting questions, it wouldn’t make sense to get a load of people to travel and mill about and then turn them away.
Do you meet the criteria for cohorts 5 and 6? If not, and with the greatest respect, I hope you are turned away!

Do you meet the criteria for cohorts 5 and 6? If not, and with the greatest respect, I hope you are turned away!
Look, I gave my NHS number and answered questions about whether I am a carer or whatever!! It was quite happy to accept me. I believe this is a new initiative.

I believe it's people taking the P**s - but choice is yours!
Sorry - WTF?? I used an official booking system, which had loads of appointments free and which asked me questions to determine my eligibility. The poor needy and infirm can also be accommodated!! Can you stop muttering now? I was trying to help other people on the board.

Sorry - WTF?? I used an official booking system, which had loads of appointments free and which asked me questions to determine my eligibility. The poor needy and infirm can also be accommodated!! Can you stop muttering now? I was trying to help other people on the board.
If you do not meet the criteria then you are honestly a turd and hopefully one that gets turned away.

Am in the moderate risk group and still waiting. Lots of over 60s I know getting theirs now despite being supposedly in the priority group behind me. Young chap at work had his today because his girlfriend is in a wheelchair so is her "carer". Not an official/registered carer, she basically looks after him, and he wouldn't be drawn on whether she had had it yet. To be fair they offered it to him, he did explain he wasn't registered and asked them several times if they were sure.

Last edited:
If you do not meet the criteria then you are honestly a turd and hopefully one that gets turned away.
Three other friends are having it next week, they seem to be moving on to the over 60s in general. You need to think about your reply here.

Back
Top Bottom