National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
I had an az vaccination two weeks ago through my gp. Just been offered a pfiizer one through my local hospital who must have a different patient list. I am a bit tempted feels like getting full cover should I go for it or would that be very wrong . I know they are doing trials on mixing and matching I would happily volunteer. Any advice anybody?
Oxford Vaccine plus Pfizer vaccine = Swindon variant = Extra fingers.
No sensible advice though.

I had an az vaccination two weeks ago through my gp. Just been offered a pfiizer one through my local hospital who must have a different patient list. I am a bit tempted feels like getting full cover should I go for it or would that be very wrong . I know they are doing trials on mixing and matching I would happily volunteer. Any advice anybody?

Ask the hospital.
At ours you would get rejected as they (currently) can`t do "mix and match" outside of a trial.

I did ask about the trial but they need you not to have had a vaccine already. I assume the different vaccines stimulate similar antibody response so probably better to wait for the az booster rather than steaming in with an alternative simultaneously. And obviously possibly denying another more deserving recipient! Just wish I hadnt read an article describing the pfizer as the rolls royce of vaccines and the astrozeneca more of a mini metro. I think it was grumpy european doctors using the phrase so hope fully just sour grapes

Had to close one of our 3 vaccine centres for 3 days ............ ran out of victims...sorry patients!

The rules say we can`t let the under 65`s book until it`s their turn and all the over 65 buggers have booked or had it elsewhere!

Going to be "busy" on Monday!

I'm due to get mine early (volunteer stuff) on 26th. Booked yesterday for Yeovil, surprised it's so far in the future but probably still a fortnight before I'm due.

Had to close one of our 3 vaccine centres for 3 days ............ ran out of victims...sorry patients!

The rules say we can`t let the under 65`s book until it`s their turn and all the over 65 buggers have booked or had it elsewhere!

Going to be "busy" on Monday!
Pity they cant be more flexible,there does seem to be a bit of competition for patients which is not ideal.

So I was back in today for more bloods.

Only getting one shot of Janssen as it has been so successful on a one shot regime worldwide that`s all they are doing.
Some folk on the Trial, who haven`t needed to be unblinded, are getting two shots so should be invincible !
Supposed to get UK approval for use as a single dose on Friday this week.
Watch that share price fly. (y)

Preliminary information in the public domain.....

"The investigational vaccine was reportedly 85% effective in preventing severe/critical COVID-19 across all geographical regions. No deaths related to COVID-19 were reported in the vaccine group, while 5 deaths in the placebo group were related to COVID-19."

Very pleased that my wife has just had hers - she said it was like a production line, with a nurse going down a line of people in a corridor and just asking a few questions then jabbing each one. I guess that's how it's being done so quickly.

Very pleased that my wife has just had hers - she said it was like a production line, with a nurse going down a line of people in a corridor and just asking a few questions then jabbing each one. I guess that's how it's being done so quickly.
I'm so glad I read that through again, I was convinced you had written that a nurse had gone down on a queue of people!! 🤣

I was able to book an appointment at the Kassam via the nhs website today. Not sure if you need to be 60

Back
Top Bottom