National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
Had my first Oxford jab in March, second one next month, felt okay, bit of a fuzzy feeling in my head occasionally the day after, arm felt a little bit sore for a couple of days. I could have driven to London the day after my jab if I had to. I'm 47.

I'm 36 and had Pfizer
Did you get any side affects from it? I’ve just had mine done before his afternoon at Chester racecourse. I would say it was a smooth operation but it took 2 hours from first going in to finally coming out!

Did you get any side affects from it? I’ve just had mine done before his afternoon at Chester racecourse. I would say it was a smooth operation but it took 2 hours from first going in to finally coming out!
Just a sore a, but I already had man flu so any side affects may have been hidden.

2 hours?! Kassam was 20 mins including a 15 min wait

Just a sore a, but I already had man flu so any side affects may have been hidden.

2 hours?! Kassam was 20 mins including a 15 min wait
That’s what others have said so sounds like you get off with the bad symptoms that others have had from other vaccines.

yeah it was what I’d call an organised mess getting people through! Even time slots didn’t seem to matter!

Had my 2nd jab a couple of weeks back at the Guttmann centre at SMH. It was booked at the same time as the first jab and purely by coincidence, my son booked his 1st jab at the same place on the same day, but his appointment was three hours earlier than mine.

To save two trips, he said he'd take me over, so I tried to alter the appointment time - nightmare! The upshot was I could cancel my slot but with no guarantee I could replace it with one on the same day, let alone the same place. I gave up and just went on the off chance that they would see me early, which (after a bit of to-ing & fro-ing) they did.

The first and second jabs were being done in different buildings, so I went to mine, got jabbed and was back out in the carpark in five or six minutes - my son was still queueing to get in.

Then it started to rain and he had the car keys - 45 minutes.......

I`m just catching up with Piers Corbyn and the Ch4 "Anti-Vax" programme....................... jesus H they live among us.

Sat in Stadiun car park after 2nd jab. Being needle phoebic it's not my favourite experience but the set up there is so efficient.

Having had what I'm pretty sure was Covid in early 2020 I'd certainly want to avoid it again unvaccinated. It absolutely nailed me for weeks and I'm usually pretty robust. 2017: 55 mile in one day gym and walking challenge, 2018: 21 mile walk with son, 2019: 27.5 mile walk with son, 2020: struggled to get from lounge to kitchen with probable Covid. Stairs looked impossible!

Out of interest, is there anyone on here who didn't intend getting jabbed but then changed their mind and what caused that to happen?

Finally got mine booked in for this weekend 💪

Had Covid in March last year, basically left me ill until last Autumn and only recently have I been able to say the symptoms are entirely gone. I'm normally one to avoid needles and doctors, but in this instance I can't wait for them to stab me in the arm.

Back
Top Bottom