International News Trumps parting gestures

Hello Little Tommy. Added to his complete inability to even try and deal with COVID (and encouraging people to drink bleach - remember that?), how about trying to undermine the entire US democratic process because he can’t accept defeat, tax cuts primarily for his rich party donors, trying to encourage a foreign country to investigate Biden’s son, ignoring all investigations into Russian election interference, asking the states of Pennsylvania and Georgia to ‘find’ votes? I know that’s not much to a far right troll but that’s not even all of it!
And notwithstanding Biden’s son is dead. So very tasteful on Trump’s part

@YellowLittleBird

Hiya, common ground would be good but i`m not optimistic as i think its pretty clear we are looking for
different qualities when it comes to what we want in a leader.

You asked for evidence that Trump was advocating the storming of the Capitol, well, as has been mentioned
that is still under investigation, in the meantime what happened that day is open to interpretation, i get that
by the letter of the law Trumps use of the word peacefully is the very definition of a get out of jail free card.
Can we both agree that whatever anybody thinks about Trump there is little doubt that he knows how to
work his crowd ? That speech of his...

We won this election, and we won it by a landslide
We will stop the steal
We will never give up, we will never concede, it doesnt happen
If you don`t fight like hell you wont have a country anymore
Peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard
We are going to the capitol.

For context Trump had still not conceded defeat at this point and in the build up to this there was a lot
of talk on social media predicting that people were coming to the rally with violence on their minds.

The day before the attack, former top Trump adviser Stephen K. Bannon said on his podcast, “Just understand this: All hell is going to break loose tomorrow. It’s going to be moving. It’s going to be quick, this is your time in history, It’s all converging, and now we’re on the point of attack tomorrow. … And all I can say is: Strap in. You have made this happen, and tomorrow it’s game day.”

There is a load more stuff on line that was flagged at the time and there is no way that Trump would not be aware of this,
so instead of telling people to back off and go home he says things like If you don`t fight like hell, so rather than diffuse a
volatile situation he is actually egging them on and for that reason alone he has to take a lot of responsabilty for what
happened. The use of the word peacefully was too little too late in these conditions imo.

As for your next point, well, i can easily imagine that some people only voted for Biden just to be able to get rid of Trump.
Allegations about vote rigging are a non starter, there has never been a shred of evidence provided by Trump or his entourage
that would warrant an investigation or even a suspension while it was checked out, this whole thing is just a sore loser
clutching at straws. Do you have any evidence that prooves the contrairy or casts doubt on this ?

Ok, that me done for tonight, i have a head full of Trump and its not pleasant. Not forgotten about the attack on Democracy,
thats for tomorrow plus whatever you throw back at me.

All the best.

@YellowLittleBird

Hiya, common ground would be good but i`m not optimistic as i think its pretty clear we are looking for
different qualities when it comes to what we want in a leader.

You asked for evidence that Trump was advocating the storming of the Capitol, well, as has been mentioned
that is still under investigation, in the meantime what happened that day is open to interpretation, i get that
by the letter of the law Trumps use of the word peacefully is the very definition of a get out of jail free card.
Can we both agree that whatever anybody thinks about Trump there is little doubt that he knows how to
work his crowd ? That speech of his...

We won this election, and we won it by a landslide
We will stop the steal
We will never give up, we will never concede, it doesnt happen
If you don`t fight like hell you wont have a country anymore
Peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard
We are going to the capitol.

For context Trump had still not conceded defeat at this point and in the build up to this there was a lot
of talk on social media predicting that people were coming to the rally with violence on their minds.

The day before the attack, former top Trump adviser Stephen K. Bannon said on his podcast, “Just understand this: All hell is going to break loose tomorrow. It’s going to be moving. It’s going to be quick, this is your time in history, It’s all converging, and now we’re on the point of attack tomorrow. … And all I can say is: Strap in. You have made this happen, and tomorrow it’s game day.”

There is a load more stuff on line that was flagged at the time and there is no way that Trump would not be aware of this,
so instead of telling people to back off and go home he says things like If you don`t fight like hell, so rather than diffuse a
volatile situation he is actually egging them on and for that reason alone he has to take a lot of responsabilty for what
happened. The use of the word peacefully was too little too late in these conditions imo.

As for your next point, well, i can easily imagine that some people only voted for Biden just to be able to get rid of Trump.
Allegations about vote rigging are a non starter, there has never been a shred of evidence provided by Trump or his entourage
that would warrant an investigation or even a suspension while it was checked out, this whole thing is just a sore loser
clutching at straws. Do you have any evidence that prooves the contrairy or casts doubt on this ?

Ok, that me done for tonight, i have a head full of Trump and its not pleasant. Not forgotten about the attack on Democracy,
thats for tomorrow plus whatever you throw back at me.

All the best.
Not sure what’s going on here, has some t**t been banned? I’m quite concerned that the US will cease to be a democracy soon, the fascists are doing their best to remove the right to vote. Such a rich country but such low levels of education in so many areas, and too much religion.

Not sure what’s going on here, has some t**t been banned? I’m quite concerned that the US will cease to be a democracy soon, the fascists are doing their best to remove the right to vote. Such a rich country but such low levels of education in so many areas, and too much religion.
Us trying to impose our own views and standards on the US? Not much has changed since the 1700s it would seem.

:ROFLMAO: No not at all, we started having a discussion on the Johnson thread about Trump and agreed to switch threads.
Agree with your thoughts on the future of democracy over there, its not looking good.

Not sure there can be a lot of difference between these two countries in terms of basic standards? They’re meant to be a developed country.
They're your standards though. Obviously growing up in a specific area (probably the UK) you'll have a very particular worldview based on some of the values and experiences specific to your environment.

They're your standards though. Obviously growing up in a specific area (probably the UK) you'll have a very particular worldview based on some of the values and experiences specific to your environment.
Can you give examples to explain what you are trying to get across here?

Can you give examples to explain what you are trying to get across here?
Well I'm making a conceptual rather than a factual argument, so no. Perhaps if you need clarity you could rephrase your question.

Back
Top Bottom