International News Trumps parting gestures

Given the inevitable result, has this process achieved anything other than give trump something else to point at in his 'baseless witch-hunt' rhetoric?

This was a party political vote.
Can Trump be charged for a criminal act for this?
Also how far can/ will the authorities go with regard to Trumps tax dealings ( there have been plenty of comments on alleged misdemeanours by Trump and the IRS will surely be looking at this?)

Also how far can/ will the authorities go with regard to Trumps tax dealings ( there have been plenty of comments on alleged misdemeanours by Trump and the IRS will surely be looking at this?)
I imagine he could be charged in an ordinary court for this and for past sexual assaults. Also he’ll spend the rest of his life fighting prosecutions over his financial affairs.

He can be charged under criminal law

He is being investigated by Federal authorities and Washington DC authorities for the insurrection.

This is only the start, Trump is in for a tough few years. Worst President on record and severely outdated.

Thank heavens for Biden.
Not a sniff of war and actually visiting N Korea for talks..............worst???? give yer head a wobble mate.......tchhhhhhh

Not a sniff of war and actually visiting N Korea for talks..............worst???? give yer head a wobble mate.......tchhhhhhh
If Trump wasn’t the worst, who the f**k was? Name him.

Trump’s complete disregard of Covid has resulted in the deaths of just shy of 500,000.
Americans.
as sitting Presiden, he encouraged sedition and pushed for his morons to storm the capitol building, where 5 died. He refused to intervene.
He spent 4 years trying to undo everything Obama had put in place.
He has made America Hate Again.
I hope the accused multiple rapist, accused paedophile, accused sexual assaulter, multi bankrup, serial debter, lying s**t, is imprisoned ASAP.

Hello Little Tommy. Added to his complete inability to even try and deal with COVID (and encouraging people to drink bleach - remember that?), how about trying to undermine the entire US democratic process because he can’t accept defeat, tax cuts primarily for his rich party donors, trying to encourage a foreign country to investigate Biden’s son, ignoring all investigations into Russian election interference, asking the states of Pennsylvania and Georgia to ‘find’ votes? I know that’s not much to a far right troll but that’s not even all of it!

Hello Little Tommy. Added to his complete inability to even try and deal with COVID (and encouraging people to drink bleach - remember that?), how about trying to undermine the entire US democratic process because he can’t accept defeat, tax cuts primarily for his rich party donors, trying to encourage a foreign country to investigate Biden’s son, ignoring all investigations into Russian election interference, asking the states of Pennsylvania and Georgia to ‘find’ votes? I know that’s not much to a far right troll but that’s not even all of it!
oh dear thats serious,i'm sure he'll get impeached for that.......WAIT! oh dear........... seems youve just swallowed a load of horse :poop::poop: what a fool you are....lets all laugh.ha ha ha ha ha:ROFLMAO:

Given the inevitable result, has this process achieved anything other than give trump something else to point at in his 'baseless witch-hunt' rhetoric?
My impression, which is admittedly from sources with more or less the same ideological stance towards Trump, is that there are optimistically two:

1) It forced Senate and House Republicans to pin their colours to the mast regarding pro-Trump or pro-democracy, decency, etc. and anti-Civil war, domestic terrorism etc. That many tried to weasel out with the 'it's unconstitutional to impeach an ex-President' excuse I don't think is really holding any weight. Democrat challengers to these positions in 2022 and 2024 will in theory very easily be able to paint their Republican opponent as endorsing the events of January 6th. This will presumably concern moderate Republicans and otherwise undecided voters.

2) It has pushed the Republican party even further into the hands of the extreme right. There has been a pretty uniform backlash against those decent Republicans who refused to cowtow to the Trump fanatics, and they are being forced out of the party. As above, the more that reasonable and moderate Republicans are replaced by lunatics like Lauren Boebert, the more the typical undecided, moderate voter is likely not to vote for the party.

This might be a bit optimistic, but I think the landslide in 2020 is testament to the fact that, while Trump's base is obviously very steadfast and very vocal, the vast majority of Americans are repelled by him and his ilk.

My impression, which is admittedly from sources with more or less the same ideological stance towards Trump, is that there are optimistically two:

1) It forced Senate and House Republicans to pin their colours to the mast regarding pro-Trump or pro-democracy, decency, etc. and anti-Civil war, domestic terrorism etc. That many tried to weasel out with the 'it's unconstitutional to impeach an ex-President' excuse I don't think is really holding any weight. Democrat challengers to these positions in 2022 and 2024 will in theory very easily be able to paint their Republican opponent as endorsing the events of January 6th. This will presumably concern moderate Republicans and otherwise undecided voters.

2) It has pushed the Republican party even further into the hands of the extreme right. There has been a pretty uniform backlash against those decent Republicans who refused to cowtow to the Trump fanatics, and they are being forced out of the party. As above, the more that reasonable and moderate Republicans are replaced by lunatics like Lauren Boebert, the more the typical undecided, moderate voter is likely not to vote for the party.

This might be a bit optimistic, but I think the landslide in 2020 is testament to the fact that, while Trump's base is obviously very steadfast and very vocal, the vast majority of Americans are repelled by him and his ilk.
zzzzzzzzzz yer boring everyone now.

Back
Top Bottom