Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you only 53 years following Oxford.
Hebberd is the best midfield player I have seen for Oxford.
And Jim Smith brought him in as a striker to replace Keith Cassells.
I was quite young when Hebberd was playing but he along with Joey is my favourite Oxford player. He went on to play with Derby in the top flight but still had to work in a factory when he retired , certainly wouldn’t happen now.
However if the internet had been around people would still have been sniping at him.

Man of the match at Wembley that glorious day, will live long in the memory, can still remember looking across at the scoreboard 3-0. Trevor Hebberd certainly one of the best we have had and we have had a few over the 72yrs i have seen.

I regularly meet up with @RyanioBirdio and @greatunclekip ! Lovely lads and we get on like a house on fire in real life!!
Not quite true that. You keep begging me to come for a pint but i always have something more enjoyable i have to do. Like hacking off a testicle with a rusty saw or scooping out an eyeball with a spoon :)

Not quite true that. You keep begging me to come for a pint but i always have something more enjoyable i have to do. Like hacking off a testicle with a rusty saw or scooping out an eyeball with a spoon :)
I wondered why you were limping, and that eye patch looks great!!!

What do I need to say
James Henry 32 when he plays well we play well.
Henry will get niggles more and more each season, and will take time to get up and running each time.
Eliott Lee is a similar type of player, although younger has been at a higher standard but not looking to be there any longer.
That's not quite true. Unless you're referring to Lee's 2 sub appearances in the PL comprising a total of 15 minutes when he was a youngster at West Ham?

Just to clear up any misconceptions about Henry's ability. He has never, in his whole career, played a single game below League One level. He has 212 appearances in the Championship and 252 appearances in League One to his name.

To many of our younger fans (even people in their 20's) who have only ever known us playing at the Kassam, they could reasonably state Henry is the best player they've ever seen play for the U's. Of course his returns may be diminishing slightly now, and he should never be exempt from criticism. But he's certainly a lot, lot better than some give him credit for.

Eliott Lee was signed by Barnsley, after being released by West Ham at 21

As fans, we like lauding our own, or future prospects. It's not a surprise that Henry hasn't won that award. But he's consistently been among our 3 best players in each of those seasons.

I'm astonished that there's no residual goodwill for the guy as soon as he has some poor patches.
Absolutely

I think the thing with Henry is when he is good he is very good and is probably out best player.
The problem is when he is poor is can be very poor and it effects the entire team .
He has been excellent for us and I for one believe if we are going to have a good season an on form Henry is vital

I think the thing with Henry is when he is good he is very good and is probably out best player.
The problem is when he is poor is can be very poor and it effects the entire team .
He has been excellent for us and I for one believe if we are going to have a good season an on form Henry is vital
I agree that when he is on it, the whole team plays well. This season has demonstrated, though, a massive inconsistency to his performance. If there is one thing it has taught us is relying on one player as to whether we have a good season or not is not good. We need options more than ever to give us a plan B and C.

Our Wingers could affect a game when they had space to run into but if you find they are surrounded by 2/3 opponents then logic tells you another player has space.

Every players plays a vital part, if one or more is below their best then the others don't just auto drop by a %

if what some are suggesting is correct then our opponents have us sussed already and also why are some saying they're not bothered if he leaves

I have been watching for 55 years now, I would say the best midfielder I saw was Graham Atkinson the majority of his goals were from midfield
What a player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom