Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I'm not bothered to be honest.

A good player, but I'm not too keen on the whole idea of getting former players back on loan, so soon after they've left us, just so they can keep fit, regain some form, and then, once we've served our purpose, either go back to their parent club, or seal a move to another club higher up than us, leaving a gaping hole in our squad again, and leaving us broken hearted...again!

It'd be like agreeing to get back together with an ex girlfriend after she's already dumped you once, for a temporary fling, whilst she decides weather she wants to get back together with her current boyfriend, or hook up with someone else, and then, inevitably, buggers off again, and leaves you broken hearted...again!

Sometimes it's best to leave things in the past, and move on!
I’m a good listener, if you need it.....😂

Come off it Foley. They were all shite that season. I remember ceremonially burning my scarf after one particularly awful performance.

Here’s a thought: maybe, just maybe there are better footballers out there that we, on this forum, don’t know about? I get it, Gavin is a good player. I get it, Marcus Browne is a good player. I also get that Nathan Holland is a good player. Surely we cast a wider net than players that have played for, and left us?

Here’s a thought: maybe, just maybe there are better footballers out there that we, on this forum, don’t know about? I get it, Gavin is a good player. I get it, Marcus Browne is a good player. I also get that Nathan Holland is a good player. Surely we cast a wider net than players that have played for, and left us?
We haven’t got a clue really, have we? We think we might have, but not really..

Here’s a thought: maybe, just maybe there are better footballers out there that we, on this forum, don’t know about? I get it, Gavin is a good player. I get it Browne is a good player. I also get that Nathan Holland is a good player. Surely we cast a wider net than players that have played for, and left us?
Couldn't agree more. Look forward, not back.

Come off it Foley. They were all shite that season. I remember ceremonially burning my scarf after one particularly awful performance.
Fair point!
I tried to forget and in my distant memory I just remember Haswell winning a lot in the air and at least trying .
Clutching at straws maybe.

I don’t understand why all the speculation and posts regarding us signing players. Have we learnt nothing? We (Oxford) have had a systematic process of recruitment for a couple of years now.

Early doors, KR publicly states what he wants / needs. In general we all agree.
We all wait expecting something to happen quickly.
KR comes out with statements that confuse the situation like.... we need a left back who can cover goalkeeper, tea boy and striker. We don’t need a defender now because I can move a striker to midfield, a midfielder to right back and a right back to goalkeeper and a our keeper can play centre half.
We all wait for something to happen whilst slobbering over potential names mainly involving players we’ve already had here. Or players well out of our league.
KR comes out with more confusion.
As we approach the end of the respective window the forum splits into those who are positive peters and those who think the world is about to end.
We end up getting about half of what we needed. Normally unknown.

Somehow KR manages to get our unlikely team of misfits to perform well and we have a reasonable season.

;)
Eventually!

Really? I would be amazed. Hull are one if the really big clubs in this Division
We all have the same budget. What we do with it, well that’s a different question.

@Thomas/Brock/Jones mentioned the possibility of a loan fee which may make sense. I don’t believe that they are counted from the £2m playing budget.

It makes no sense for him to go there.

He’s been at Oxford, he knows the set up, he seemed to like it. You’d assume he’s probably (maybe) friendly with Sykes?

Cardiff supposedly have a good relationship with us and they know we can develop him as they got him from us!

We’ve just freed up Clare’s wages so how could Hull blow us out of the water that way?

Disappointed and gutted about that to be honest. I kept hearing ‘There’s better right wingers out there than Sean Clare’ from the usual suspects when he left us, so I look forward to the better League One right winger than Gavin Whyte that we sign.

Hull look a better bet for promotion than we do.

Perhaps we're paying for our awful start?

I’d say Whyte was a better player than Holland.

I'm sure they could offer Cardiff a decent loan fee , and they need promotion as many of there big earners will be on ' average ' wages for this season . Just lost a player on big wages to QPR so will have a space, and are looking very good for an automatic return . Funny that there right winger has been there best player so far this season though !

No. They lost a player on average wages to QPR.

I’d say Whyte was a better player than Holland.
That’s a strong statement that I’m unsure if it’s true I think Holland has more potential I believe he’s younger and if we had him for a full season last season along with Browne things could have been different
But as I say I’m unsure who’s the better player

I bring to you, Shodipo. A fair few of us, myself included didn’t know much about him. But now I’d rather he stayed for the season than Whyte returned on loan.

Fair point!
I tried to forget and in my distant memory I just remember Haswell winning a lot in the air and at least trying .
Clutching at straws maybe.
Wyane Hatswell did at least have a career in the Football League, most players of that era left us and disappeared without trace.

Although it is disappointing, I hope we’re prioritising some permanent signings which will continue our model.

Back
Top Bottom