Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Winger Scott Wright?
Go and play under possibly one of the best English midfielders of recent times at a club that plays in Europe and is flying high in their respective league vs playing under a former Welsh Premier League striker who manages a mid table league one team

As much as I love Oxford, this isn’t even a contest

We could turn this into a "Blockbusters" style quiz... how about "Which "B" made only one substitute appearance for Oxford, which included saving a penalty?"

Hall stays then... such a waste of a spot in the team, his goal last night changes nothing for me, still looked bang average for the rest of the game
Yup, too lightweight and doesn’t do his bit tracking back or putting on the press. As with last night, you’ll get the occasional bit of class from that left-foot and Robbo seems to apply a different measure than to other players (or maybe can’t find any takers!).

B - Best is obviously not a contest, although John Byrne can feel hard done by that he shares a letter with one of the no doubt all-time Oxford legends in Mr. Beauchamp. A bunch of other letters and he would have had a shout!

Briggsy!

We could turn this into a "Blockbusters" style quiz...
Gold run...

Which LW, signed on loan in January 2021 from a team struggling in Division 2 in the final 24 hours before the deadline closed, was Oxford United’s only signing in the transfer window?

Millmoor January 1981 : Rotherham 0-0 Oxford

Gary Briggs played as if his life depended on the outcome under new U’s boss Ian Greaves.

ErZ9-dTW8AIS2Wo

Clarke’s,curran,Cassidy,constable stand out for me as the best, can remember not being very impressed with Dave Collins as as footballer

Dave Collins, reasonable technically but made a slow mo replay look fast.

I'll start on the Ds then, see if I can create some more controversy by forgetting another Oxford legend!
(although in my defense, how would you go about deciding who was best between Joey Beauchamp and Gary Briggs? They're not exactly comparable players!!)

Best looks to me to be a straight shot between Johnny Lager and Rob Dickie.

As for worst, Ye Gods we've had some shite players beginning with the letter 'D'......Dempster, Deegan, O'Neill Donaldson, Mark Druce (and I'm not even getting into players who were roundly hated even if they had some talent, like Rob Duffy). But it's impossible to look past the one and only Emiliano Diaz. Zero footballing talent - 100% nepotism!

Edinburgh Live are reporting that Chris Cadden's move to Hibs is still under discussion, so perhaps it's not entirely dead from an Oxford point of view?
Hibs added another midfield option with former Ross County, Celtic and Hull midfielder Jackson Irvine arriving on a deal until the end of the season.

He is Jack Ross' second addition after goalkeeper Matt Macey was signed on a similar contract last week.

The wait goes on for Chris Cadden, who's proposed move from MLS side Columbus Crew is starting to drag on a little.

It's been over a week since Cadden was seen to be an imminent signing for Hibs, then this hits the papers this week.
Maybe he really could be on his way back?

Hibs just lost out on Gary mackay-steven to their championship neighbours, would suggest all is not well at Easter Road.

I'll start on the Ds then, see if I can create some more controversy by forgetting another Oxford legend!
(although in my defense, how would you go about deciding who was best between Joey Beauchamp and Gary Briggs? They're not exactly comparable players!!)

Best looks to me to be a straight shot between Johnny Lager and Rob Dickie.

As for worst, Ye Gods we've had some shite players beginning with the letter 'D'......Dempster, Deegan, O'Neill Donaldson, Mark Druce (and I'm not even getting into players who were roundly hated even if they had some talent, like Rob Duffy). But it's impossible to look past the one and only Emiliano Diaz. Zero footballing talent - 100% nepotism!
How about doudou. He was pants. Mr durnin wins the d's for me just for his song. (And luton at home)

Back
Top Bottom