Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Not sure that's a fair comparision in all honesty.
Taking into account it was Cadds first move to an English club, while SL has been with us since he was a boy. Long's first 21 games for us was nowhere near the level CC performed here during his loan spell.
Long has improved beyond recognition this season but it's taken him over many years and 100 games to get to that level.
However, if Sam keeps up that standard he will get POTY.
He came from the SPL. It’s hardly Sunday league, is it? It doesn’t really matter what level Sam Long was, when Cadden was here. I get your points but since then, he has improved more than any other player, and has had to play in several different positions. Cadden, on the other hand, has gone on to play almost no football in comparison. When you compare the two as they are right now, I’m really struggling to see what Cadden offers us that Sam Long doesn’t.

We need a right back or centre back. If long or atkinson or moore get injured / banned were screwed. Cadden would have been perfect.

Would rather sign a CB/RB cover on a permanent. Loans are fine but we will back to square one in the summer and need to find a replacement again. I put down our slow start to this season and last season to the fact it takes time for the loanees/permanents to gell together. Same happened last January, we lost momentum when fosu and Baptiste were sold and replaced by loanees. The 5 wins in a row before lockdown was the only reason we got ourselves back in the play offs.

Lets get a decent youngster who can cover cb and rb, right winger and maybe another left sided winger/striker.

2 main targets should be.

1. A young PL / Champ centre back on a long deal to compete with Moore & Atkinson.

2. A quality winger who offers us pace off either side. Nathan Holland on loan would be my pick if Gavin Whyte stays at Cardiff.

For goodness sake, that's absolute rubbish! Have you been watching Sam Long this season? Yes, of course you have, which makes your contribution all the more strange.
Calm down, it's a game of opinions. Both different players. Also, Cadden was performing as he did, hitting the ground running, whereas long has taken far longer to get where he is now. long is prone to mistakes, losing the ball, the penalty decision recently. Baring this in mind, I believed that Cadden would be a step up in quality, offering more with his game. You think otherwise, fine.

Since the possibility of cadden arriving came out Sam long has really stepped up. We need to keep the pressure on Sam long to perform at this level by having competition for places. We should sign an up and coming prospect at right back

Calm down, it's a game of opinions. Both different players. Also, Cadden was performing as he did, hitting the ground running, whereas long has taken far longer to get where he is now. long is prone to mistakes, losing the ball, the penalty decision recently. Baring this in mind, I believed that Cadden would be a step up in quality, offering more with his game. You think otherwise, fine.
Out of interest, do you also think we should bring in a replacement for Stevens?

How long before one of the following happen? You could almost make a bingo card out of it:

KR says...
1. "we want to do our business early"
2. "signing is imminent, maybe even before tomorrow/next match"
3. "we need four players in this window"
4. "actually, it's looking more like two players"
5. "we were looking at two players, but now we have to look elsewhere"
6. "the end of the window is looming, the board have to back me"
7. "all the centre backs we were looking for, the clubs were asking for silly money"
7. "XYZ is an exciting left winger and we're looking forward to seeing what he can do"

Since the possibility of cadden arriving came out Sam long has really stepped up. We need to keep the pressure on Sam long to perform at this level by having competition for places. We should sign an up and coming prospect at right back
Competition is massive.
Long's game has improved over time, no doubt being understudy to the likes of Baldock, Jonjoe, Kane, Ribs and Cadds has helped his development.

How long before one of the following happen? You could almost make a bingo card out of it:

KR says...
1. "we want to do our business early"
2. "signing is imminent, maybe even before tomorrow/next match"
3. "we need four players in this window"
4. "actually, it's looking more like two players"
5. "we were looking at two players, but now we have to look elsewhere"
6. "the end of the window is looming, the board have to back me"
7. "all the centre backs we were looking for, the clubs were asking for silly money"
7. "XYZ is an exciting left winger and we're looking forward to seeing what he can do"
Great idea. I’m making one now. I think you missed out “I wasn’t expecting XYZ to improve so much and now we don’t have to replace him.”

Back
Top Bottom