Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Blackpool fans seem to rate Heneghan on his 2 seasons on loan there, reportedly on high wages around 8k per week at Sheffield United, would explain why he hasn't signed anywhere yet.

27 year old centre back, League One experience, rated by previous club... ticks the boxes for me.

Blackpool fans seem to rate Heneghan on his 2 seasons on loan there, reportedly on high wages around 8k per week at Sheffield United, would explain why he hasn't signed anywhere yet.

27 year old centre back, League One experience, rated by previous club... ticks the boxes for me.
Let’s hope it’s announced today as Robbo has alluded to well he said tomorrow on Saturday meaning yesterday but probably meant today if you get my drift.

Let’s hope it’s announced today as Robbo has alluded to well he said tomorrow on Saturday meaning yesterday but probably meant today if you get my drift.
"We're in advanced talks to sign someone today, at the latest by tomorrow. If we get it over the line on Monday then the announcement should be made Tuesday. Once he's in the building to make the final arrangements then there'll be a press conference on Wednesday, so basically by Thursday or Friday the deal will be done. Of course, when the deal is finished by Saturday then it'll be too late for the new player to come in and make a difference on match day, but we hope that he'll be ready to train by Sunday. Unless the deal falls through, then we have a backup plan for Monday..."

Nowhere near. Most of Sheffield United’s starting PL defence aren’t even on 8k a week. Besides, he’s been on £0 per week for the last few months.

Heneghan is a classic lumpy CB. Won't do much on the ball and lacks pace, but is solid enough at League One. Edmundson looks to be getting sacked from Rangers...go get him!

Nowhere near. Most of Sheffield United’s starting PL defence aren’t even on 8k a week. Besides, he’s been on £0 per week for the last few months.

I thought you must have got this wrong but you are correct. Lundstram only on £4k a week no wonder he wants to get a move!

I thought you must have got this wrong but you are correct. Lundstram only on £4k a week no wonder he wants to get a move!

Yep! People forget that most of the Sheffield United team was signed when they were either still in, or had only just come out of League One.

Someone should’ve told them that getting promoted to the Championship was a bad idea financially.

I may have come across in a more aggressive manner than intended, the looming lockdown has dampened spirits in this household considerably and the one ray of light that we cling to is that we can watch "our boys" win a game of football. I have to admit that having such a good "XG" factor doesn't compensate us for losing.
I have no issue with Longy and Ruffs, they are committed OUFC players and give their all. Whether they are the best or not they do what they do. Easty has been having some very questionable moments of late and perhaps should be given a break to get his head clear or whatever he needs to do. I would certainly not advocate getting rid of Sykes and Agyei - I am on record as having called for Agyei to be given a starting role and Sykes has enormous potential given the right guidance. Gorrin certainly is a vital cog in the team and despite his ability to collect cards more readily than any other player would always feature in my choice of team. As for Kelly, well, I am not convinced. I don't know what he brings to the side. He allegedly, has ability and potential but, certainly this season, is yet to display any.
So, to the injuries, yes they happen and more so than usual this season however, it has exposed the total lack of cover in the squad and served to highlight the lack of any leadership within the team when certain individuals are not present. If KR thought to place all his trust in a centre back pairing of Atkinson and Moore then I have to question his thought process. To rely on the ability of Longy to play anywhere on that back 4 is stretching things. He's a good lad and has turned in some exemplary performances but it's unfair to expect him to carry that much responsibility. We should have recruited pre-season. The need was there from the moment that KR admitted that Nico Jones was not ready, Elechi was also a work in progress and aside from them, the coffers were bare. Now, by his own admission, we need to bring someone in to help out. Undoubtedly whoever that is will not be match fit (much to the self satisfaction of @Scotchegg ) indeed, they may never get match fit before the injured players return but will have to play all the same. I would hope that Mous can still manage a game or two before hanging up his boots, he may not set the world alight anymore but he is a calming factor and an old hand at the game. Also, I would imagine that he commands respect among the players and is not shy in speaking out. He also knows how to tackle and cover back.

So, naming a settled back 5, I'd accept just having a back 5 at the moment let alone a settled one.

There's no self satisfaction, but if we are indeed looking at Ben Heneghan then it should be noted that he hasn't played a competitive game since 10th March. Your view (which I accept may have been influenced by the frustrations we're all feeling) was that whoever comes in must be ready to play immediately. That simply isn't realistic and we're more likely to see Mous or Atkinson return before we see a new centre back getting regular minutes.

Back
Top Bottom