Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

DavidB

Can we start early l. Who’s going, who’s staying. Who we want. Otherwise I’m going to go nuts!

Do people think football is ever going to happen again then? From some of the stuff Ive been reading ive pretty much written it off.

Do people think football is ever going to happen again then? From some of the stuff Ive been reading ive pretty much written it off.

Well until a vaccine is available worldwide I can't see much football being played. If it does all the games will be behind closed doors which will not only kill the game but will bankrupt most of the teams from the championship down. Not sure what the correct way forward is to be honest.

Well until a vaccine is available worldwide I can't see much football being played. If it does all the games will be behind closed doors which will not only kill the game but will bankrupt most of the teams from the championship down. Not sure what the correct way forward is to be honest.

It will get to that stage when clubs cannot survive without regular income.

This is where the Premier League and clubs need to put there hands in there pockets, and share out funds to the smaller clubs to keep them afloat. Otherwise they won’t be treading water much longer, and inevitably they with sink.

It will get to that stage when clubs cannot survive without regular income.

This is where the Premier League and clubs need to put there hands in there pockets, and share out funds to the smaller clubs to keep them afloat. Otherwise they won’t be treading water much longer, and inevitably they with sink.
There is not a single chance of that happening.

Especially because there will be some Premiership teams that will also be up against the wall in the circumstances...

What’s it like in Germany Berliner? Are there some smaller clubs in danger there... Bundesliga zwei? Or in the 3rd Liga? Is this having a serious effect over there.

What’s it like in Germany Berliner? Are there some smaller clubs in danger there... Bundesliga zwei? Or in the 3rd Liga? Is this having a serious effect over there.

All up in the air, same as in the UK. The slight difference is we have licencing of clubs over here, any professional club has to be given a licence for Bundesliga, Bundesliga 2 or whatever according to how they are run, otherwise they aren't allowed to start the season in the first place. Who knows what that'll look like next season.

And then we still have traditional clubs going to the wall during the season (latest example Rot Weiss Erfurt). So there are worries if the footy stops for too long. Every club, including Bayern, is at risk...not least because the top clubs are also connected to the stock market. I suppose RB Leipzig (spit!) will get by.

Fortunately we reduced the wage bill and debt at the end of January...

It's not just the finances of clubs that needs to be considered, but that of owners too.

there'll be bit of a saving on return airfares & hotels, with some board members not flying in and out for the time being ? ;)

I think we need to think about potentially extending Browne, Taylor, Kelly and Woodburns loans for a few more months the way things are panning out at the minute ??‍♀️

All up in the air, same as in the UK. The slight difference is we have licencing of clubs over here, any professional club has to be given a licence for Bundesliga, Bundesliga 2 or whatever according to how they are run, otherwise they aren't allowed to start the season in the first place. Who knows what that'll look like next season.

And then we still have traditional clubs going to the wall during the season (latest example Rot Weiss Erfurt). So there are worries if the footy stops for too long. Every club, including Bayern, is at risk...not least because the top clubs are also connected to the stock market. I suppose RB Leipzig (spit!) will get by.
What league were Rot Weiss Erfurt in?
I went to Hertha last year for a game. Do you watch them.much?

Although Taylor is out of contract June 30the
Yup. Another way in which things could get really messy.

I personally reckon there’s more chance of the season being declared void than being paused extensively. If the PL clubs vote to scrap their season next week then I think the EFL will adopt the same approach.

Back
Top Bottom