Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

If we are going to guess then I would say it’s more likely than Clare wanted more game time and Robinson couldn’t/wouldn’t promise him that, little bit of of an argument and getting some of his wage of the bill will have looked a lot more enticing to us.

He has looked ok as winger off the bench but he in no way offers any cover at the back, be more effective not having a right back than him playing there again, he was that bad in that role.
Some of his wage? Some of his wage?!

Please, God, tell me we haven’t loaned out Sean Clare while still paying some of his wages?!?!?

To be fair Kip has got a point, it’s seems our top targets have gone elsewhere, trouble is Karl clearly does need to learn from the past and for once keep his big mouth shut when it comes to transfers, it really shouldn’t be a big surprise that some of us are a bit pissed off with the current lack of activity, maybe things will or won’t change by 1st February, in the meantime 3 points tomorrow please.

To be fair Kip has got a point, it’s seems our top targets have gone elsewhere.
Top targets as speculated on an Internet forum, or as confirmed by the club? I have only Karl on 5FF saying we were interested in Whyte, I assume Hull paid Cardiff a greater proportion of his salary. Nothing was said about breaking the bank for him. We move on.

Karl’s in a thankless position. I guarantee had he made no noises at all at the start of the window, there would be detractors bemoaning the inactivity or lack of ambition.

I’d be amazed if we don’t approach the second half of the season with a squad of 22, all of whom would at present be fit and available. Who knows...we hope to unearth a diamond we’ve not heard of before.

Last edited:
It is interesting that KR has gone quiet on transfer activity. Do you think he has taken advice from this forum and decided to keep stum until he signs someone rather than keep us excited about his plans. He is enthusiastic and normally comes over as a person who likes to tickle you imagination with his ideas. Give him a break and the end of the window will leave us all looking upwards to the play offs and championship football next season

Yep Robinson is actively trying to make us lose really.
Obviously not, but Robbo likes to make out he's some sort of genius, with fresh, unique ideas, that mere mortals such as us fans are not capable of understanding.

I'd hate to burst your bubble Robbo, but it ain't rocket science mate!!

If he'd kept Clare in the squad, he would have had no choice but to accept that he was wrong, and what all the fans were calling for was in fact the correct thing, and he would've had to have played him further forward, which would've been a big dent to his ego, and I think it's possible that he was sure he was gonna get Whyte in on loan, so thought he could just get rid of Clare, then lap up all the plaudits for bringing in Whyte, and keep his ego in tact.

Unfortunately, Whyte went elsewhere, and now we don't even have Clare to fall back on, and Robbo looks a little bit silly.

Let's just hope he's got an ace up his sleeve before the window closes...

Obviously not, but Robbo likes to make out he's some sort of genius, with fresh, unique ideas, that mere mortals such as us fans are not capable of understanding.

If he'd kept Clare in the squad, he would have had no choice but to accept that he was wrong, and what all the fans were calling for was in fact the correct thing, and he would've had to have played him further forward, which would've been a big dent to his ego, and I think it's possible that he was sure he was gonna get Whyte in on loan, so thought he could just get rid of Clare, then lap up all the plaudits for bringing in Whyte, and keep his ego in tact.

Unfortunately, Whyte went elsewhere, and now we don't even have Clare to fall back on, and Robbo looks a little bit silly.

Anyone ever told you how to do your job before despite the fact they dont have any experience and youve had years?

Although we have a decent squad, we could do with a young promising Atkinson/Dickie addition and also a game changer winger as in Brown or Holland, that would fill me with confidence that we could sneak into the playoffs, someone that we could rely on if a game is tight, anyone reckon the QPR winger is worth making a permanent signing if at all possible?

Anyone ever told you how to do your job before despite the fact they dont have any experience and youve had years?
Yep, all the time, and it's bloody annoying, but if they were right, and I was wrong, I'd have no problem accepting it, and making the necessary adjustments.

I'd probably try to take all the credit for it though to be fair! 😂

It looks like we are looking to get another CB?
We will then have enough defenders. Don't forget we have Nico Jones and Elechi (some on here were even arguing that he should replace Ruffels)
Don’t think Elechi is ready for league football just yet

For the record, I like Robbo, and have met him briefly once, before a game, shook his hand and had a brief chat, and he seems a lovely bloke, and from his interviews you can tell he's a good guy, who's heart is in the right place, and I really hope he does well here, and wherever he goes after us.

However, I do find his inability to accept his mistakes, and his tendency to blame others, rather than himself very frustrating at times. And he clearly has a very big ego, and can be very stubborn, which can be detrimental to our success at times, especially when it's simple tweaks, that every fan can see is needed, and every fan is screaming out for.

It's a common trait of people who are quite stubborn, egotistical and arrogant, that they can't accept their mistakes, or accept that they are wrong, and others might be right, as they see it as some sort of weakness if they do, well it's not, quite the opposite in fact.

He's a good manager, but it's this stubborn, egotistical arrogance that will always be his Achilles heel.

Anyway, he's here for the long haul, and clearly wants the best for the club, and after the now inevitable, customary slow, rocky start to the season, he's getting things moving along nicely again, so credit where it's due for that.

He'll get my support, and I'll praise him when he does well, on and off the pitch, but I won't shy away from criticising him either, if I feel it's deserved, and I'm sure all fans are the same.

Do you honestly think that Robinson would leave his squad worse off, and potentially lose games and put his employment at risk, just so that people forget that Clare wasn't a great right back?

Robinson openly admitted that the transfer hadn't worked as expected. He protected Clare from criticism earlier in the season, but the moment we had both centre backs fit, he moved Long to right back and dropped Clare and acknowledged that he needed time out. He then tried Clare further forward and again openly praised him for his involvement, even as recently as new year when he spoke about Clare, Sykes and Forde showing their commitment when being brought back into the team.

Footballers and managers are often pretty egotistical by nature, and Robinson is no different. He splits opinion from those who find him refreshing honest and those who label him "Gobbo" but if we're being artional, does anyone really believe that he would rather get rid of someone rather than look a bit silly?

Remember the times when we were told about the mystical first 11 on the whiteboard in the training ground and how he was apparently touting James Henry to everyone because he wasn't a Robinson signing?

I simply don't buy the fact that Robinson is spiteful enough to move anyone to boost his own self-worth.

I am a critic over our signings or non signings, I confess to reading this forum and seeing names banded about in here who we are looking at or should be looking at.

I read comments from my people in the past have been pretty much reliable sources of ITK.

I did think Gavin may be through the door although I also thought he didn’t give a monkeys about OUFC. And no we can’t compete with the finances of Hull although no matter that they were relegated surely they must be in the constraints of the wage cap so if they don’t go up this season they will have to no doubt she’s some of their higher earners.

Marcus Browne was another possibility although from what he had said about aiming to get a good start with Middlesbrough I then felt he was a non starter as it is he has now an ACL injury so certainly won’t be playing until very much later in the year next season. Wish him well in his recovery.

Nathan Holland yes I would take back here, rumours have it that he had to choose between us and Hull. Been here before knows the set up but it’s whether he wants to possibly get a promotion in his CV or regular playing time and who knows make the play offs.

I believe the Irish lad we’re looking at is McNally (probably got that wrong) is also being looked at by Lincoln and Ipswich so a difficult choice for him.

I also agree with another poster about KR advertising what he wants and when he wants is an issue because like me there are hundreds of of others if not a couple of thousand who think why the hell does he say that and then nothing happens.

I certainly hope we have incoming (s) this week and before anyone says our squad is good enough I agree but what about injuries? They happen you know.

For the record, I like Robbo, and have met him briefly once, before a game, shook his hand and had a brief chat, and he seems a lovely bloke, and from his interviews you can tell he's a good guy, who's heart is in the right place, and I really hope he does well here, and wherever he goes after us.

However, I do find his inability to accept his mistakes, and his tendency to blame others, rather than himself very frustrating at times. And he clearly has a very big ego, and can be very stubborn, which can be detrimental to our success at times, especially when it's simple tweaks, that every fan can see is needed, and every fan is screaming out for.

It's a common trait of people who are quite stubborn, egotistical and arrogant, that they can't accept their mistakes, or accept that they are wrong, and others might be right, as they see it as some sort of weakness if they do, well it's not, quite the opposite in fact.

He's a good manager, but it's this stubborn, egotistical arrogance that will always be his Achilles heel.

Anyway, he's here for the long haul, and clearly wants the best for the club, and after the now inevitable, customary slow, rocky start to the season, he's getting things moving along nicely again, so credit where it's due for that.

He'll get my support, and I'll praise him when he does well, on and off the pitch, but I won't shy away from criticising him either, if I feel it's deserved, and I'm sure all fans are the same.
When does any football manager in the history of football admit its their fault ?theyd soon be out of a job if every week they said thats my fault for losing that game/signing that player,etc.

By the way,youre wrong and you need to accept it!

When does any football manager in the history of football admit its their fault ?theyd soon be out of a job if every week they said thats my fault for losing that game/signing that player,etc.

By the way,youre wrong and you need to accept it!
NEVER!! 😂

Back
Top Bottom