Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Hall stays then... such a waste of a spot in the team, his goal last night changes nothing for me, still looked bang average for the rest of the game
I agree with this. Robinson always talks about the need for whoever he brings in being better than what’s already in the building and I’m sure you don’t have to look far to find better wingers at this level that we could attract. I wonder if he didn’t have the emotional ties and history that he has with Hall he might not give him such a long period of time to prove his worth.

Unfortunately, I agree. If we had 'free kick special teams' then it would be different (that was an excellent goal!), but he doesn't offer enough over the course of a game.

So Cooper, Mousinho & Clare out of the 23 man squad we have 3 spaces. KR wants a centre back & 2 wingers.

Stevens, Eastwood

Long, Moore, ______, Atkinson, Ruffels

Gorrin, Hanson, Forde, Obita

Brannagan, Sykes, Kelly, McGuane

Henry, Shodipo, Hall, ______, ______

Taylor, Winnall, Aygei

It's a 22 man squad permitted.
We still have room for 3 though as McGuane classes as an U21 player as he was still 20 on 1st January 2020.

He’s even told us that GUK will be pleasantly surprised by one of our expected new signings and that would be a surprise in itself if kip was pleasantly surprised
Im pretty confident im not going to be given we are in exactly last years situation of shipping out players for budget, hopeful board meetings where we'll "see if we can do something".

Poking around and found this from October last year - https://www.footballinsider247.com/...ord-united-open-talks-to-sign-wolves-forward/

Ennis returned to Wolves after his loan but I think they're now willing to let him leave permanently - wonder if we will be back in for him

Saw that and thought the same. Is he a wide player, or a centre forward? Assuming he plays out wide then it would seem a possibility. I'd much prefer a permenant transfer than a loan (Whyte as a loan option considered) as it's important to have your own assets.

One way or another I fancy that these signings will happen in the final week of the window.

Saw that and thought the same. Is he a wide player, or a centre forward? Assuming he plays out wide then it would seem a possibility. I'd much prefer a permenant transfer than a loan (Whyte as a loan option considered) as it's important to have your own assets.

One way or another I fancy that these signings will happen in the final week of the window.
He can play across the front line. Played ST at Doncaster but also can play on the right. Getting Ennis, on a free, permanently would be a lovely move.

I’d like a defender, if there are any.
Defender to replace Mous - preferably someone who can cover more than one defensive position.
Left winger/midfielder to replace Cooper - someone who has pace and at least the rudiments of covering back defensively.
Right winger/midfielder to give us a sensible alternative to Henry/Clare - with the same attribute as above.

I think that's the minimum really, just to stay at par. Perhaps KR ought to pick them himself rather than relying on the shadowy and mysterious 'recruitment committee'... ;)

I hope that we can avoid deregistering anyone for the second half of the season unless they are confirmed as being physically unable to take part like mous.
If we cannot sort a loan out for Osei Yaw, then we should include him in our 22, rather than bring anyone else in to fill the slot.

KR said doesnt want any more to leave, seems he is happy with squad plus any further additions which might happen

KR said doesnt want any more to leave, seems he is happy with squad plus any further additions which might happen
Surely there have to be at least three incoming, otherwise there was no point at all in shipping out Clare... unless it's budget reasons.
I dont buy the reason being to develop him as he is certainly good enough already to get plenty of game time with us (if used correctly).

Surely there have to be at least three incoming, otherwise there was no point at all in shipping out Clare... unless it's budget reasons.
I dont buy the reason being to develop him as he is certainly good enough already to get plenty of game time with us (if used correctly).
Agree.
Why would a 24 year old player need anymore development. The experiment here playing him as a RB has failed. Play him where he is most effective and you just might have a decent player. We'll see how he gets on at Burton.

Pretty much no one will take the other players we want out, and it will be a young winger and young centre back in as cover and that will be it. I have no problem with any of that, we are a mid table league one club during a worldwide pandemic which has massively hit our ability to make money, we have to be sensible and if Clare going out was financially prudent then fair enough.
No one is going to take a lot of players from
Any club due to the squad/wage cap.

Back
Top Bottom