Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

We have enough players to call upon - and enough quality to push on up the table from the quite pathetic start we have had. I believe that whole heartedly.

From the games I have seen we need to switch on mentally and physically, to show more urgency and dig in a lot more. Covid or no covid, its nowhere near good enough from where Im stood. We have to be braver. Every time I get an OUFC update its about mental health, community relations, and seemingly anything other than football. I do understand that we are all in a pandemic but we all have a job to do. For 2 and 3k a week, I do expect a lot more. My boss still expects a level of performance from me - and quite rightly so.

Im massively supportive of the football club, and I'm not looking for scapegoats, but collectively I want us to come to the party - and soon. Its all a bit limp in my opinion.

The way Im feeling this afternoon pretty much sums up the whole season so far. Totally depressing non-event..

Do think we should be looking at league 2 players who we can get Randell Williams for Exeter can’t believe nobody picked him up attacking full back who’s played their or as a RW maybe ?

Do think we should be looking at league 2 players who we can get Randell Williams for Exeter can’t believe nobody picked him up attacking full back who’s played their or as a RW maybe ?
And pay for him how? We are operating in the bargain bucket on punts recovering from injury.

KR would have to admit he got the Clare signing wrong for us to sign a new RB which we can’t do until Jan anyway unless it’s an OOC U21.

KR would have to admit he got the Clare signing wrong for us to sign a new RB which we can’t do until Jan anyway unless it’s an OOC U21.
He was set to sign for Peterborough everything was agreed until he started demanding stupid money at the last minute. Think their chairman called him extremely unprofessional and said they’d never go back for him.

He was set to sign for Peterborough everything was agreed until he started demanding stupid money at the last minute. Think their chairman called him extremely unprofessional and said they’d never go back for him.
Clare or Williams?

If you listen to KR. He’s suggesting we the fans have got it wrong on Clare!!!

Amazing what a win in the pizza cup against an average league 2 side does for ones confidence...

If you listen to KR. He’s suggesting we the fans have got it wrong on Clare!!!

Amazing what a win in the pizza cup against an average league 2 side does for ones confidence...
Clare has looked better in the past 2 games.
Sure the jury is out, but he wouldn't br the first player who struggled to settle to start with?
I just wonder what fans on here would have been saying about Trevor Herbert when he replaced Keith Cassells all of those years ago.
Probably Jim Smith was clueless, TH was out if position and Maxwell was cashing in on Cassels/ Wright.

Sure the jury is out, but he wouldn't br the first player who struggled to settle to start with?
I just wonder what fans on here would have been saying about Trevor Herbert when he replaced Keith Cassells all of those years ago.
Probably Jim Smith was clueless, TH was out if position and Maxwell was cashing in on Cassels/ Wright.

Chris Cadden was caught out of position several times at the beginning of last season, and it cost us in some early games. But Dickie Moore/Mous were solid, and Gorrin dropped back to offer greater support. We also had Henry in really good form occupying the left back/winger which gave Cadden space to run into.

I've been disappointed by Clare this season, and would rather have Long there, but it's wrong to write him off after a handful of disrupted games.

The name is Trevor Hebberd. He was definitely no Herbert...a shoe-in for any OUFC Best Ever X1.
He joined the club 6 months after Cassells left.
And who is "Wright" in this context?
Otherwise a good post ;)

The name is Trevor Hebberd. He was definitely no Herbert...a shoe-in for any OUFC Best Ever X1.
He joined the club 6 months after Cassells left.
And who is "Wright" in this context?
Otherwise a good post ;)
Mark Wright and Keith Cassells moved to Southampton in March 1982 with Trevor Hebberd moving in the opposite direction.

Otherwise a good post!! 😉🤣

Chris Cadden was caught out of position several times at the beginning of last season, and it cost us in some early games. But Dickie Moore/Mous were solid, and Gorrin dropped back to offer greater support. We also had Henry in really good form occupying the left back/winger which gave Cadden space to run into.

I've been disappointed by Clare this season, and would rather have Long there, but it's wrong to write him off after a handful of disrupted games.
He needs to play further forward have Long at RB then I think we will see what made KR recruit Clare and not a case of losing out on O’Donnell so bring in Clare instead.

Tbf though
And the Hebberd wore the no 9 and only scored 2 in 9 games ....the Season after moved to no 10 and centre mid..where he turned into one of the finest players to ever wear the yellow shirt .

Even you can’t twist reality enough to suggest that Sean Clare is a better right back than Chris Cadden, or that they way the two have played is anywhere near comparable.

If you could swap the two players tomorrow, would you?

Back
Top Bottom