General Traffic Management

I sit in the North Stand and yes it is annoying when the steel wall is shut! You can imagine though that it can eliminate potential trouble. The wall is ready to be used in groups of matches it seems, the Wall was up on Tuesday but not actually shut. Whether this was always the intention I don't know. Five minutes extra walk is not too bad is it? And any new young families kept away from any issue's.

But it’s not just 5 minutes is it. Before the Rotherham game the club put out that the wall wouldn’t be up in a match pack online, so I parked in the car park(normally park in BBL). When we parked up in the overflow and walked over and saw it was up it was pretty annoying. I needed to get back after the game so left early (86th min) and still got stuck in the car park for over Forty minutes. As for safety, no other grounds need to have walls up outside, and the stewards and police deal with the crowds quite easily. Let’s be honest trouble is rare these days unless there is a history between the clubs.

But it’s not just 5 minutes is it. Before the Rotherham game the club put out that the wall wouldn’t be up in a match pack online, so I parked in the car park(normally park in BBL). When we parked up in the overflow and walked over and saw it was up it was pretty annoying. I needed to get back after the game so left early (86th min) and still got stuck in the car park for over Forty minutes. As for safety, no other grounds need to have walls up outside, and the stewards and police deal with the crowds quite easily. Let’s be honest trouble is rare these days unless there is a history between the clubs.
I don't travel to away grounds much these days, don't other clubs keep opposing fans away from each other ever now?

There is still a massive waste of space for parking on the North and East side. Stewards tell us that the space can’t be used because of the need for emergency access and ‘safety’ grounds However, with that wall in place AND away fan coaches routinely parked along side the North stand (west) these days, why can’t cars be parked ALONG SIDE the North stand (east) AND the Jim Smith stands?

jobsworth?

There is still a massive waste of space for parking on the North and East side. Stewards tell us that the space can’t be used because of the need for emergency access and ‘safety’ grounds However, with that wall in place AND away fan coaches routinely parked along side the North stand (west) these days, why can’t cars be parked ALONG SIDE the North stand (east) AND the Jim Smith stands?

jobsworth?
It's hard to understand the logic where cars can park generally. How is it decided where double yellow lines are put anywhere? Grenoble road for example? Who decided? Tom dick or Harry!

I don't travel to away grounds much these days, don't other clubs keep opposing fans away from each other ever now?
Most away grounds you come out of and can walk in whatever direction you like, although I appreciate we are slightly different in regards to the stadium set up and having only three stands, and sharing one of those stands. I just don’t think it’s necessary for the fence every game.

Most away grounds you come out of and can walk in whatever direction you like, although I appreciate we are slightly different in regards to the stadium set up and having only three stands, and sharing one of those stands. I just don’t think it’s necessary for the fence every game.
As a person who sits in the North Stand it is really annoying! It's not every game, a guess would be less than 25% last game it wasn't.

As a person who sits in the North Stand it is really annoying! It's not every game, a guess would be less than 25% last game it wasn't.

Last game they even had a smoking area outside the North stand for half time. Why can't they do this for every game.

Last game they even had a smoking area outside the North stand for half time. Why can't they do this for every game.
Not being a smoker I assumed it was every match?

Not being a smoker I assumed it was every match?
Not being a smoker, I wouldn't even bother! Most people can cope perfectly well in the cinema for a couple of hours yet have to hide away in toilets at a football game!!!

Not being a smoker, I wouldn't even bother! Most people can cope perfectly well in the cinema for a couple of hours yet have to hide away in toilets at a football game!!!

Nope it's not every match, use to be when smoking was socialy accepted . I would rather they did this at every game would stop people hiding in the toilet having a crafty fag though. There's is an argument if smoking is banned then why isn't alcohol during the match.

Nope it's not every match, use to be when smoking was socialy accepted . I would rather they did this at every game would stop people hiding in the toilet having a crafty fag though. There's is an argument if smoking is banned then why isn't alcohol during the match.
Because it's illegal to smoke in any public building!!

Not outside its not, all clubs, bars anywhere that serves alcohol have a smoking area outside, so why not a stadium?
Think you've answered your own question. It's illegal to smoke IN any public building. Outside of a public building it is ok. Why people cannot go without having a cigarette for a couple of hours is beyond me. AND before you reply I used to smoke but have now, thankfully, been a non-smoker for a number of years

Think you've answered your own question. It's illegal to smoke IN any public building. Outside of a public building it is ok. Why people cannot go without having a cigarette for a couple of hours is beyond me. AND before you reply I used to smoke but have now, thankfully, been a non-smoker for a number of years
As you were a smoker I thought you might have some sympathy? As an all time non smoker it is beyond me why people cannot go without a cig for a day or two? At least.

I believe it is a policing issue particularly for the north stand incase a group of away fans decide to come out at half time. But when the walls up you have the segregation in place. The east stand allow people out at one end on half time which works well although the pen is usually too small for the bigger games.

As you were a smoker I thought you might have some sympathy? As an all time non smoker it is beyond me why people cannot go without a cig for a day or two? At least.

It's people's choice to smoke, same as drinking alcohol Is. Now if no one smoked, the tax loss on cigarettes would be huge and ultimately they would put more tax on the next bad thing causing pressure on the NHS which is alcohol. As for the lasting through the game, of course we all can, but there is no reason why the club have to discriminate against smokers when the law states it is only against the law to smoke inside. Now if that wall is up 80% of the matches there is no reason why they can't have the Pen outside for all of them games. Or atleast get rid of the damn wall so I don't have to walk all the way round the ground and adding 10 mins on the journey and I will save the smoke for the walk home.

Back
Top Bottom