National News track n trace?

If there was now a Labour, Liberal, Green or Monster Raving Loony Party government in charge at the moment and it had done exactly the same things with the same results, I wonder which people on here would be railing against them right now for what has happened?

I think I can guess...

Wasn`t sure where this should go so in here seems most relevant.................

"Number of tests"............. the journalist favourite question.

IF YOU, OR SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD, DOES NOT HAVE SYMPTOMS THEN YOU DO NOT GET TESTED............

So, if there aren`t 100k symptomatic people/family of to book a test, then the number of tests will not be 100k+.

I just wish someone would spell that out clearly to the journalists who ask the same fekin question every feckin day.

Wasn`t sure where this should go so in here seems most relevant.................

IF YOU, OR SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD, DOES NOT HAVE SYMPTOMS THEN YOU DO NOT GET TESTED............

So, if there aren`t 100k symptomatic people/family of to book a test, then the number of tests will not be 100k+.

I just wish someone would spell that out clearly to the journalists who ask the same fekin question every feckin day.
Plus social care workers or care home residents who are eligible for testing whether they have symptoms or not: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested

whilst that's true, the issue (at least at the early stage) was the stats showed fewer than 100k daily tests - yet people who wanted to book where told there was no availability

Plus social care workers or care home residents who are eligible for testing whether they have symptoms or not: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested

Care home population of circa 400k? 1.6 million working in social care? Call it 2 million.

Around 4.2 million tests already done, capacity is at 200k a day.

If the public are "doing it right" then by default you aren`t going to get a demand of 100k a day............ making the "target" unachievable.

Care home population of circa 400k? 1.6 million working in social care? Call it 2 million.

Around 4.2 million tests already done, capacity is at 200k a day.

If the public are "doing it right" then by default you aren`t going to get a demand of 100k a day............ making the "target" unachievable.
Perhaps they ought to have mobile testing stations set up on every beach.

Having one at the House of Commons seems pertinent at the moment.

So if Alok Sharma tests positive that`ll be most of the cabinet self isolating as well as a fair few in the HoC, including Ed Miliband who passed him a glass of water.

"Hello Alok, NHS Test & Trace here.......who were your contacts in the last week or so................."

On a wider note, thank heavens for PC Rain!

The civil service too. I know someone who ducks in and out of number 10 who came down with it in early March along with others they worked with, passed it on to family etc ...
(Edit - March not may)

Last edited:
its very bizarre, if i have a positive result for Covid, i give them the contact details of all the people i have been in close contact - they then phone them telling them to self isolate for 14 days.
1) why wouldn't i just tell the people (instead of passing THEIR details to effectively a 3rd party)
2) if im contacted, how do you confirm its genuine?
3) if contacted - you have to self isolate but members of your household are fine to go out etc...

this Dido lady is the same lady, that was in charge of TalkTalk when they had the huge data theft :)

Since the start of March in Singapore it is as follows:
1) No 3rd party, just one; the government. Their details are logged, informed & 'monitored'
2) You don't, just better believe it
3) The whole household isolates (probably even cats & dogs, fish got the long straw)

That is particularly shocking about the Dido lady, with the possible concept of selling; I mean losing data before....

Back
Top Bottom