Manager/Coach Think the management went OTT on our players

...and they're able to run there from their new training ground

Indeed. We used to run from Horspath Athletics Track for pre-season training there when I was playing Sunday football. The sandy path up into Shotover when coming from Brasenose Wood was not pleasant. I remember the coach making us all run up it without stopping the 1st session there, we did it 11 or 12 times which was a killer as if anybody stopped we all did it again. We were the fittest team I reckon in the Lg, pity we weren't very good. :)

Indeed. We used to run from Horspath Athletics Track for pre-season training there when I was playing Sunday football. The sandy path up into Shotover when coming from Brasenose Wood was not pleasant. I remember the coach making us all run up it without stopping the 1st session there, we did it 11 or 12 times which was a killer as if anybody stopped we all did it again. We were the fittest team I reckon in the Lg, pity we weren't very good. :)
Sounds awesome, gotta love a hilly trail run. ? ?

Used to be a regular venue for running club X country races, so I have suffered that hill many a time

could really put em through their paces and give them a few laps up and down even steeper, more punishing workouts located on the shire borders such as Stokenchurch Hill or even White Horse Hill :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom