Matches The next 4 games..............

My back 4 would be Long, Moore, Mous, Obita/Ruffels for Saturday. Probably Ruffels as I'm not sure risking Mous and Obita when they are working back to fitness starting would be worth risking. I'd push Clare up to right mid/wing. Forde has to stay in central midfield for me and I'd play McGuane or Cooper on the left. Henry or Sykes in the centre with Gorrin and Forde. Taylor upfront but Agyei as his back up on the bench. Shodipo is currently only a supersub type player for me.

I'd probably go with the same back four, but definitely Obita instead of the woefully out of form Ruffels.

And talking of out of form, I wouldn't be playing Henry... I also wouldn't replace him with either of McGuane or Kelly, who have both shown very little to be positive about. On the other hand, I would play Agyei and Cooper who have both shown good form... when they have actually been given a chance.

Play those who have played well, don't play those who have been out of form for some time, and use players in their correct positions. We may then actually get a point or three.

My back 4 would be Long, Moore, Mous, Obita/Ruffels for Saturday. Probably Ruffels as I'm not sure risking Mous and Obita when they are working back to fitness starting would be worth risking. I'd push Clare up to right mid/wing. Forde has to stay in central midfield for me and I'd play McGuane or Cooper on the left. Henry or Sykes in the centre with Gorrin and Forde. Taylor upfront but Agyei as his back up on the bench. Shodipo is currently only a supersub type player for me.
I agree with that back four, with hopefully Mous and Atkinson both coming back carefully and able to fill that central position between them now ongoing, with Long able to move back to RB and Gorrin in front of them. Ruffels, as you say, to stay on the left in the first instance, then we'll see once Obita up to speed. Maybe swap him in at the back, or use him as a base option on the left hand side further forward, with Cooper/Shodipo as substitute options during games.
Clare I would put on the bench at the moment, with the plan to bring him on the right hand side further forward against a tiring defence. The thinking here is to take the pressure off him by focusing him on doing what he is used to doing without the distraction of having to worry about defending. Attacking fullback may still be a long term project, but for now lets get him back to some sort of form so he can contribute in a positive manner. Also, by playing him in front of an experienced fullback such as Long (or perhaps Forde on occasions), will mean that he can be picking up on where Long positions himself in certain situations, which he can then call on when the time comes.

I agree with that back four, with hopefully Mous and Atkinson both coming back carefully and able to fill that central position between them now ongoing, with Long able to move back to RB and Gorrin in front of them. Ruffels, as you say, to stay on the left in the first instance, then we'll see once Obita up to speed. Maybe swap him in at the back, or use him as a base option on the left hand side further forward, with Cooper/Shodipo as substitute options during games.
Clare I would put on the bench at the moment, with the plan to bring him on the right hand side further forward against a tiring defence. The thinking here is to take the pressure off him by focusing him on doing what he is used to doing without the distraction of having to worry about defending. Attacking fullback may still be a long term project, but for now lets get him back to some sort of form so he can contribute in a positive manner. Also, by playing him in front of an experienced fullback such as Long (or perhaps Forde on occasions), will mean that he can be picking up on where Long positions himself in certain situations, which he can then call on when the time comes.

I can see that reasoning for Clare. My thought was he would add real pace which we would miss otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom