Thank f**k.

Cass63

We’ve got ox vox to let us know what’s going on.

Is it your business? No.

Are you just a customer? Yes.

Do you expect every business you interact with as a customer to tell you "what`s going on" ? No.

Suck it up snowflake or buy the club. :)

Oxvox has paid membership to represent the needs of fans, and has worked closely with the club for many years. That means that "we" are more than just paying customers.

The communication from Oxvox over the last 18 months or so has been significantly less than we had been used to. We've had the global pandemic which would have impacted on face to face meetings, but I would have hoped that zoom calls could have been arranged. The question though is whether there has been a breakdown in communication between oxvox and the club, and that is a fair question to ask (if in a more respectful way that it's been presented here!)

We're hopefully entering a really important period for the future of our club, and as much as I have confidence in the board to do the right thing, an independent fans group should be front and centre of this to prevent a repeat of the issues we've seen before.

I don't want meaningless updates or lies, but I would like to see something more to reflect where things are right now.

You seem to know everything @Scotchegg, so why do you need an update on anything? As usual, you don't aim your ire at the club for not updating its customers, you know the ones it begged for money over last summer, but take aim at OxVox, who can only challenge when given information,

If they started digging and causing trouble, you'd be first on here to castigate them for their lack of trust in the target of your sycophancy.

You seem to know everything @Scotchegg, so why do you need an update on anything? As usual, you don't aim your ire at the club for not updating its customers, you know the ones it begged for money over last summer, but take aim at OxVox, who can only challenge when given information,

If they started digging and causing trouble, you'd be first on here to castigate them for their lack of trust in the target of your sycophancy.

I don't "aim at Oxvox" but would like to hear more from them. I'm hopefully that they're full involved with everything that is going on to ensure the club are protected for the future, and that confidentialities prevent further information. But my worry is that there has been a bit of a breakdown and that does no one any favours and reflects badly on the club.

Is it your business? No.

Do you expect every business you interact with as a customer to tell you "what`s going on" ? No.

No, that’s not true. The relationship between club and supporters isn’t the same as that between shoppers and Sainsbury’s. I’m not quite sure exactly what we should expect from Oxvox but they need to find a way of communicating regularly online, and in the absence of decent local press a lot of responsibility for scrutinising the potentially dodgy guys sniffing around the club falls to them.

I don't "aim at Oxvox" but would like to hear more from them. I'm hopefully that they're full involved with everything that is going on to ensure the club are protected for the future, and that confidentialities prevent further information. But my worry is that there has been a bit of a breakdown and that does no one any favours and reflects badly on the club.
The club's image and public relations are its own business, not OxVox's.

The communication from Oxvox over the last 18 months or so has been significantly less than we had been used to. We've had the global pandemic which would have impacted on face to face meetings, but I would have hoped that zoom calls could have been arranged. The question though is whether there has been a breakdown in communication between oxvox and the club, and that is a fair question to ask (if in a more respectful way that it's been presented here!)

We're hopefully entering a really important period for the future of our club, and as much as I have confidence in the board to do the right thing, an independent fans group should be front and centre of this to prevent a repeat of the issues we've seen before.

I don't want meaningless updates or lies, but I would like to see something more to reflect where things are right now.
[/QUOTE]
Forgive me for saying, but you do trot out the odd meaningless comment, eg " we should hear something soon"

Forgive me for saying, but you do trot out the odd meaningless comment, eg " we should hear something soon"
[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm aware, I'm not yet an official fans representative!!

The club's image and public relations are its own business, not OxVox's.
You are suggesting that the clubs Public Relations are not of interest to the supporters? OxVox are the supporters, without whom there is no club.

As far as I'm aware, I'm not yet an official fans representative!![/QUOTE]

You aren’t, but your main source of information is ...

You are suggesting that the clubs Public Relations are not of interest to the supporters? OxVox are the supporters, without whom there is no club.
I took the comment as being more along the lines of: “If there IS a breakdown in communication and if it DOES reflect badly on the club, they can take an element of responsibility for that and not solely other people.”

Is it your business? No.

That’s a good idea, how much do they want for it?

Indeed - in terms of the 'big' stuff, I'm not quite sure how much can usefully be said (as opposed to space filling waffle) until something actually *happens*.

Or they would just be speculating about speculation.

Back
Top Bottom