Temporary stand

The planning permission for the temporary stand ran out in September this year.

As earlier, it might cost a little bit but keep renewing it just in case.
Its the officialdom that takes the time in these matters.

I really don't think a temporary stand can be justified for a one-off game. For it to be financially viable, I'd have thought you'd need to be filling it for a few games at the very least.

If we were regularly getting >10k, I could see the point. Leave it up for a season and use it for the away fans at big games. Leicester Tigers had a temporary stand at the Club House End for years before finally building the permanent one. Seemed to work well.

You don't have to drive to a game, many of us use public transport. You are a lot of spoilt brats some grounds have no car parking. :mad:
Well maybe.
But dont you think that the club/ council need to think about the usual chaos for a full house on a night time, adding an additional 2000 spectators may just cause even more chaos?
Also I suspect that many many people wouldn't be able to get home after the game as public transport is rubbish unless you happen to be in a good route.

If it hasn't already been mentioned, we travelling fans were sat in Crawley's "temporary stand" last night. Wasn't luxury, but there was a notable absence of bird s**t. Can't imagine it being simple to erect something like that at the fence end any time soon, but we are still gonna be at the K-hole for a fair few seasons, so...

If it hasn't already been mentioned, we travelling fans were sat in Crawley's "temporary stand" last night. Wasn't luxury, but there was a notable absence of bird s**t. Can't imagine it being simple to erect something like that at the fence end any time soon, but we are still gonna be at the K-hole for a fair few seasons, so...
Yep, sitting in there last night that stand reminded me of a better version of the seated area for away fans at Brizzle Rovers ground. (Crawley's small ground seemed well maintained, clean toilets and the pitch was excellent given that it had been played on last Saturday.)

Yep, sitting in there last night that stand reminded me of a better version of the seated area for away fans at Brizzle Rovers ground. (Crawley's small ground seemed well maintained, clean toilets and the pitch was excellent given that it had been played on last Saturday.)
Pitch was exquisite for a club of their stature ??

You don't have to drive to a game, many of us use public transport. You are a lot of spoilt brats some grounds have no car parking. :mad:

Yep, don't expect to get parked within 10 miles of a certain ground in Hays, if they know Oxford Utd are the opponents.

Yep, don't expect to get parked within 10 miles of a certain ground in Hays, if they know Oxford Utd are the opponents.

A quick google would have showed you the car parks in Hayes town centre were free all day on Sundays.

20 mins walk to the ground, 30 if you go via the road with the pubs on, as we did. I thought it would be a bit silly trying to park within a mile of the ground when it was mentioned beforehand that the town council may put out restrictions.

Think we'll need it for Lincoln City, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers and Bolton Wanderers too.
Bolton Wanderers especially as it’s our the last game for both teams and a win for Bolton would keep them up and a win for us would guarantee automatics think we would need a Gillingham type of stand for that game

According to Neil McWilliams on last nights 5 minute fans forum a temporary/4th stand is a distinct possibility if we win promotion to the championship this season. This follows hot on the heels of Singha beer, training on the pitch and staying overnight in the Hampton Hilton Hotel at a ridiculous cheap rate, why is Firoka/FK becoming more amenable all of a sudden, I wonder what he's after?

According to Neil McWilliams on last nights 5 minute fans forum a temporary/4th stand is a distinct possibility if we win promotion to the championship this season. This follows hot on the heels of Singha beer, training on the pitch and staying overnight in the Hampton Hilton Hotel at a ridiculous cheap rate, why is Firoka/FK becoming more amenable all of a sudden, I wonder what he's after?
He has two hotels and a leisure complex he can make dosh from.

Doesnt the rent go up if we go up? Is there some clause in the contract that a 4th stand is required if we make the championship?

Along with a temporary stand, would it also be possible to put up a temporary railway station behind the ground to get the the extra fans in and out of the stadium.
TBF this would be extremely useful, and a huge benefit to the local area, with attendances of just 6-7k

If we go up I would want a permanent stand, not a temporary stand some portaloos and a burger van.
permanant 4th stand etc would depend on whether OUFCs future will be at the Breeze block ...or somewhere else Idve thought?

Back
Top Bottom