League One Swindon on the brink

• Thread starter Deleted member 808
  • Start date
In this he says "I will not take any money out of this club, I don’t need to." The don't need to bit is interesting.
I particularly liked this bit...

'I want to go on this journey with you,'

😉

from today's "The Athletic" email
"It is hard to know where to start with Swindon Town, but the story about the players taking their own warm-up while listening to the public address system in the hope that they might find out the team that way feels like as good a place as any.

Swindon were not just sleepwalking towards relegation last season, they were sliding out of League One in the most shambolic fashion possible. “The only time I’d seen preparations like it was Sunday League when you’re walking your dog in the park,” one of the players told The Athletic.

The money at the club had dried up to such an extent that they ran low on bandages and tape in the medical room. Some players ended up offering to cover the cost of their own MRI scans, while GPS vests were discarded because nobody knew how to download the data after the strength and conditioning coach left. Even making up post-match protein shakes became a problem."

from today's "The Athletic" email
"It is hard to know where to start with Swindon Town, but the story about the players taking their own warm-up while listening to the public address system in the hope that they might find out the team that way feels like as good a place as any.

Swindon were not just sleepwalking towards relegation last season, they were sliding out of League One in the most shambolic fashion possible. “The only time I’d seen preparations like it was Sunday League when you’re walking your dog in the park,” one of the players told The Athletic.

The money at the club had dried up to such an extent that they ran low on bandages and tape in the medical room. Some players ended up offering to cover the cost of their own MRI scans, while GPS vests were discarded because nobody knew how to download the data after the strength and conditioning coach left. Even making up post-match protein shakes became a problem."
Interesting response in the comments section:

Swindon has always been a joke of a place and Swindon Town are a fitting club for the town. Long may it continue.

Lots of love, Oxford United x

I wonder who posted that?;)

So when are the EFL going to throw the book at them? The list of rules broken has been on their website for ages.

Interesting response in the comments section:

Swindon has always been a joke of a place and Swindon Town are a fitting club for the town. Long may it continue.

Lots of love, Oxford United x

I wonder who posted that?;)
Given how many rules they’ve broken i truly expect you to do some poking in the press and to legislative/ regulatory bodies to ensure they are charged and all attempts to recover sense of normalcy are significantly delayed and disrupted.

Imagine as their biggest nemesis being overtly able to advertise that fact to them until the day you die

Given how many rules they’ve broken i truly expect you to do some poking in the press and to legislative/ regulatory bodies to ensure they are charged and all attempts to recover sense of normalcy are significantly delayed and disrupted.

Imagine as their biggest nemesis being overtly able to advertise that fact to them until the day you die
I've done a fair bit of research into Mr Morfuni's business activities actually, and I don't think he's all that he's cracked up to be, which is nice.

It would be a bloody scandal if they walked away with no more than a slap on the wrist, considering they're serial offenders.

Last edited:
I've done a fair bit of research into Mr Morfuni's business activities actually, and I don't think he's all that he's cracked up to be, which is nice.

It would be a bloody scandal if they walked away with no more than a slap on the wrist, considering they're serial offenders.
If they walked away with no more than a slap on the wrist, I wonder how Luton would feel and other clubs that have or may face similar problems.
The FA should grow a pair and act accordingly but with the season only a couple of days away the FA may act and just suspend the punishment. They’re just a bunch of bloody softies at the FA and couldn’t even organise a P**s up in a brewery.

Scunthorpe are a lot of people’s predictions to go down. I wouldn’t read a lot into that lot's win over them.

Plenty of time for them to be humiliated further, I hope.

Sadly, I think the takeover and management appointments were done in just enough time to stop the first half of the season being a complete shambles. They've got a handful of players in and will be able to add more in January. Expecting there to be far worse teams in L2, with one of them being Scunthorpe.

Back
Top Bottom