Chairman Surprise!

Two packets delivered this morning. Mrs Lounger and I are both delighted to receive this gift from the club albeit what the club had planned on giving to all season ticket holders anyway, it is still a welcome reminder that the club holds all it's season ticket holders in esteem.
The cynics will probably point out that a part of the gift is dated and therefore would be of little value next season but, the fact that the club has gone to the extent of packaging, posting and including a message from Tiger which obviously was written more recently, is testament to the efforts being put in by all at Oxford United to further the ambitions of our club.

Best of all when our scum supporting postie handed the two packets over I was able to inform him that they contained gifts for season ticket holders! He's not even sure that he will have a club to support next season.

Package arrived today, bit late sending an out of date fixture list in February. Nice surprise though.

Last edited:
I won't say what's in it - it would spoil the surprise....
View attachment 5556

I will then .

Not sure what I can do with a box of matches though ๐Ÿ˜

But on a serious note, a great gesture by the club at a time when every penny counts.

Something that wasnโ€™t at all necessary as far as my support is concerned but great to feel the appreciation nonetheless.

Well Done OUFC.

Got mine
But still donโ€™t have an actual season ticket
I assume we wonโ€™t be getting one this season

Got mine
But still donโ€™t have an actual season ticket
I assume we wonโ€™t be getting one this season
I see there was a slot in the box for a credit card sized ST. I did check the sliding mechanism a few times to make sure it hadn't dropped out or come loose.

At risk of being completely on my own on this, I was a little disappointed by the "surprise", I feel like they could have done a little more for fans that have essentially dumped ยฃ450+ (ยฃ300 this season and then half of last) into the club. Something as simple as a gift card to buy a t-shirt from the club shop at no charge or a scarf sent in the post.
I bet when christmas comes you mean at not getting more socks and a Mars bar. Instead of saying it's the thought that counts ๐Ÿ˜„

Must admit the surprise just made me feel pretty wistful about not being able to use the ST wallet for the intended purpose this season. :(

As a bit of a constructive design critique if anyone from the club is reading, make the fixtures insert a size that can fit into the ST wallet (or make the ST wallet larger to accommodate the fixtures!) as you've provided two pockets in the wallet!

At risk of being completely on my own on this, I was a little disappointed by the "surprise", I feel like they could have done a little more for fans that have essentially dumped ยฃ450+ (ยฃ300 this season and then half of last) into the club. Something as simple as a gift card to buy a t-shirt from the club shop at no charge or a scarf sent in the post.

The season ticket purchase was made with the possibility that much less football was going to be seen this season. The fact that this has dragged on longer than many of us perhaps expected is by no means the fault of the club. We purchased a ticket and accepted the risks.

We do also get iFollow access foc for home games donโ€™t forget.

This was merely a gesture that no one either expected or anticipated, so accept it for what it is. Also, there is a little promo hidden in here given that it wonโ€™t be long before we are talking about next years season ticket. This sort if pre-empts that campaign which, letโ€™s face it, is going to be tough unless we go up.

Finally, I am not sure I consider my ยฃ480 to have been โ€œdumpedโ€ into the club. I would consider it more a way of being able to help our club in some small way through a challenging time financially.

Must admit the surprise just made me feel pretty wistful about not being able to use the ST wallet for the intended purpose this season. :(

As a bit of a constructive design critique if anyone from the club is reading, make the fixtures insert a size that can fit into the ST wallet (or make the ST wallet larger to accommodate the fixtures!) as you've provided two pockets in the wallet!

For your debit card?

For your debit card?
Why would I want my debit card in my season ticket wallet rather than my normal wallet that I use every day? That seems like a recipe for disaster the day afterwards, when at the garage buying petrol (remember those days?) and then realising I haven't swapped it back over! :)
Wouldn't it be a good idea to be able to keep the fixtures calendar with the ST?

Edit - and design the fixtures calendar so that the fixtures can be seen a block at a time when in the wallet and folded, so you have to get it out a minimum number of times to see what the next fixture is, just when that block is done - then refold a different way and reinsert.

Last edited:
Why would I want my debit card in my season ticket wallet rather than my normal wallet that I use every day? That seems like a recipe for disaster the day afterwards, when at the garage buying petrol (remember those days?) and then realising I haven't swapped it back over! :)

Iโ€™ve been running a two wallet systems for ages, so I guess I have got used to it.

Day to Day wallet and the pub/footy wallet ๐Ÿ˜

Got mine this evening ,delivered to the wrong address probably the ref we had Saturday moonlighting as a postie couldnโ€™t spot the obvious๐Ÿ˜.

Got mine.......wouldve been nicer if it were a yellow one tho ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜sukk.jpg

It's a joke for anyone out there that gets upset.......... ๐Ÿ‘€ (y)(y)(y)(y):sneaky::sneaky:

Agree, I didnโ€™t want to complain but this is a poor design mistake. Letโ€™s hope the fixtures card for our championship games next season is the right size and laminated!

Back
Top Bottom