General Subscription boxes

Well this thread is certainly helping to identify the true supporters.

I'm surprised there's a lot of negativity about this. I personally won't be signing up because I'm a broke student, but £22.99 a month to receive merchandise related to your club, and you're guaranteed to receive more value than what you paid for, is a good deal. Good idea from the club to receive income in challenging times.

I'm surprised there's a lot of negativity about this. I personally won't be signing up because I'm a broke student, but £22.99 a month to receive merchandise related to your club, and you're guaranteed to receive more value than what you paid for, is a good deal. Good idea from the club to receive income in challenging times.

Don't have a problem with it but as said you have to be very keen for club merchandise to make it worthwhile.

Surely 'value' is a perceived concept which varies from person to person, so this just can't be guaranteed.

"The contents of your subscription box will always be higher than your subscription price" so it can be guaranteed that in terms of price value you will receive more than what you paid.

But you also correct that value can be perceived differently, and if they give out a bunch of socks and underwear that retails for over £22 some might not be happy.

"The contents of your subscription box will always be higher than your subscription price" so it can be guaranteed that in terms of price value you will receive more than what you paid.

But you also correct that value can be perceived differently, and if they give out a bunch of socks and underwear that retails for over £22 some might not be happy.
Yep, that's all true. Guess what I'm saying is I'm a cynical old git who would rather know what his money is going on beforehand 😂

Good to see new idea's and ways to generate much needed revenue.

Personally I would rather see some focus on decent merchandise, yes there I go again, but I kinda have a point..

Literally just came off our online store as I fancied buying something, nothing of interest sadly.

Don't there pay a licence fee to the club? Whether it's a% of sales or a one of fee, I'm not sure.
They pay that so they can print our club badge on their products and for us to sell their products in the shop. These subscription boxes may come outside of that licence fee?

I'm actually going to give it a go , I'm sure that I'll find homes for some of the stuff if not to my taste and will keep income coming into the club over the summer ( and keep my 7 y.o. sonething to keep him interested )
Your going to get signed photos of Graham Rix, David Kemp, and 2 good defenders from the past David Hunt and Tom Newey.

Still seems difficult to get my head around this. I’ve boxes of programmes , dozens of replica shirts, pin badges , quite a few mugs.

But random merch ?

I don’t think the average football fan will move on past programmes and replica shirts particularly for items in a mystery box.

Quick question for gamers. Aren’t mystery boxes being banned ? So you have to know what odds you have of getting various gifts when buying a box.

ExuBr1yWEAgCgLy

Quick question for gamers. Aren’t mystery boxes being banned ? So you have to know what odds you have of getting various gifts when buying a box.
Loot boxes. Yes a lot of countries are ruling these constitute gambling, the gaming industry is moving away from them, mostly hastened by the Star wars battlefront controversy.

Loot boxes. Yes a lot of countries are ruling these constitute gambling, the gaming industry is moving away from them, mostly hastened by the Star wars battlefront controversy.

That turned into a proper shitstorm. It was brilliant.

I just signed up. I was interested to see what p&p to Oz was and it was zero. Also the price was slightly lower (GBP 19.16), presumably due to the difference between VAT and Aussie GST?
Maybe I’ll get an email saying “oops sorry we can’t do that” ...
Probably means first one will arrive in August though.

Overall with free shipping it is getting closer to my annual outlay on oufc shite from the shop, so not the worst deal, and I try to give the club money via the shop as it’s the only way an exile can (but the offerings are usually pisspoor). Hopefully the club get enough out of it from the terrace.

Back
Top Bottom