Stocks and shares investing

My cousin worked high up in BA, and said he wouldn’t like to gamble on their results on Friday.
Taylor Wimpey might well be on the up on Monday with improved results. Extending the stamp duty free period by three months will help too.
The losses announced by IAG might be gargantuan.
Lloyds I see are moving upwards with the promise of 1p a share

My cousin worked high up in BA, and said he wouldn’t like to gamble on their results on Friday.
Taylor Wimpey might well be on the up on Monday with improved results. Extending the stamp duty free period by three months will help too.
The losses announced by IAG might be gargantuan.
Lloyds I see are moving upwards with the promise of 1p a share

TW have been behaving themselves since I jumped in. They seem to have found new support since since the huge re-rate from around £1 to £1.50, which seems to be the new support level. Happy for a reasonable breather and consolidation before another leg up maybe?

BP going well too 👍

Last edited:
I noticed BP did very well after hours.
Thinking about it I’m sure they’ll be going up because of the clamour to get out on the roads again

I noticed BP did very well after hours.
Thinking about it I’m sure they’ll be going up because of the clamour to get out on the roads again
Along with a few others I've been holding onto, this is a good chance to breathe again!

Oil moved above $60 and yes more mileage to be undertaken in the coming months.

Not to mention more planes getting off the ground in the next 12-18 months.

I see someone has bought 100000 Byotrol this morning.
Someone has obviously got faith in them.
They've got results at the end of March and expectations have been high.
The Mail on Sunday tipped this one back in September. Can see this rising to double figures and I’ll be out when they go to 10.

I see someone has bought 100000 Byotrol this morning.
Someone has obviously got faith in them.
They've got results at the end of March and expectations have been high.
The Mail on Sunday tipped this one back in September. Can see this rising to double figures and I’ll be out when they go to 10.

Someone always knows something when they shouldn’t ! It’s a dirty business 😉

Lots of red candles this last few days. I’ve just set a cheeky buy limit, so if it triggers I’m in 👍.

Last edited:
There’s been a large purchases.
I had an email from the Chief Financial Officer, Nic Hellyer, telling me results are due at the end of March as I had erroneously thought they were in February.
I have seen a lot of reviews on their products and they are consistently excellent. The product I like is a cleaner that can used in the car to get rid of the virus. The beauty of it is that it doesn’t leave marks or damage to car interiors

I have just checked trades again and someone has bought over 180000 shares a few minutes ago.

Back to more boring stocks - as a holder of Mitchells & Butlers shares, I've been offered the chance to buy more shares at 210p at a c.30% discount to the existing price of 310p as they are looking to raise funds.

Sounds like a no brainer - anyone able to advise?

Back to more boring stocks - as a holder of Mitchells & Butlers shares, I've been offered the chance to buy more shares at 210p at a c.30% discount to the existing price of 310p as they are looking to raise funds.

Well you are going to be diluted if you do nothing and with optimism returning to the sector once things get open, you would hope the stock kicks on.

Whitbread did a rights issue back in July/Aug time offering existing holders stock at around £15, now currently trading at over £34 so the diluted share value was more than covered.

I generally go with the purchase of discounted stock on the basis that if you plan on seeing this situation through (and who wouldn’t) the chances are you coming out on top.

Rolls Royce and IAG also had rights issues this past 6 months and on both occasions the deal turned out great.

But at the end of the day only you can answer your own question 👌.

Well you are going to be diluted if you do nothing and with optimism returning to the sector once things get open, you would hope the stock kicks on.

Whitbread did a rights issue back in July/Aug time offering existing holders stock at around £15, now currently trading at over £34 so the diluted share value was more than covered.

I generally go with the purchase of discounted stock on the basis that if you plan on seeing this situation through (and who wouldn’t) the chances are you coming out on top.

Rolls Royce and IAG also had rights issues this past 6 months and on both occasions the deal turned out great.

But at the end of the day only you can answer your own question 👌.
Cool - thanks, that was my thinking but I now hold you totally responsible if it turns out poorly :cool:

To be honest I’d be in. I was advised to buy Wetherspoons three months ago and it has performed. I think the government will support the alcohol trade as it has been seriously lacking so far.
I’m sure Marstons will have another bid soon too.
Mitchells and Butlers is one of those stocks you can buy and sleep easily at night

Back
Top Bottom