Stocks and shares investing

Books I have read point to markets go down by big amounts quickly but rise slowly.
I would agree with topping up IAG although for now I would imagine they have further to fall, maybe 135p before recovery.
I‘m certain there are plenty of stocks to choose from right now with upward potential. Have to keep nerve

What's everyone investing in now? I've invested a bit in the past 2 months. All long term investments.

What's everyone investing in now? I've invested a bit in the past 2 months. All long term investments.

Dividend plays :-

BP - 5.7% yield (82% gain)
BAT - 8.2% yield (even)
GSK - 5.3% yield (6% gain)
Imperial Brands yield - 8.9% (9% gain)

Lloyds (102% gain)
BAE (18% gain)

Some random AIM plays :-

some up 200-300% some down as much as 75% across the board 20% up, which, given the risk is nervy. Waiting for one or two to pop further.

AFC Energy
Advance Energy
Castillo Copper
Cellular Goods
Cobra Resources
Deepverge
EQtec
Horizonte Minerals
IQAI
Valirx
Zephyr Energy
Zinnwald

Mainly stick with funds for long term growth/dividend rises and my sanity.

You can sleep safely with your choices.
I hold 1000+ of BP and they announce profits with a decent dividend likely. I’m hoping to be in profit on those as I paid 379
Lloyds should progress nicely. I sold out earlier this year investing in Vodafone and Taylor Wimpey. Glad to no longer be in IAG as the future looks too uncertain

Dividend plays :-

BP - 5.7% yield (82% gain)
BAT - 8.2% yield (even)
GSK - 5.3% yield (6% gain)
Imperial Brands yield - 8.9% (9% gain)

Lloyds (102% gain)
BAE (18% gain)

Some random AIM plays :-

some up 200-300% some down as much as 75% across the board 20% up, which, given the risk is nervy. Waiting for one or two to pop further.

AFC Energy
Advance Energy
Castillo Copper
Cellular Goods
Cobra Resources
Deepverge
EQtec
Horizonte Minerals
IQAI
Valirx
Zephyr Energy
Zinnwald

Mainly stick with funds for long term growth/dividend rises and my sanity.

I assume AFC Energy had previously gone bust and reformed.

You can sleep safely with your choices.
I hold 1000+ of BP and they announce profits with a decent dividend likely. I’m hoping to be in profit on those as I paid 379
Lloyds should progress nicely. I sold out earlier this year investing in Vodafone and Taylor Wimpey. Glad to no longer be in IAG as the future looks too uncertain

Yeah I’m comfortable with those holdings in terms of yield and volatility.

Got out of AIG ages ago and left TW around 175

Before my time, so not sure… Got in at 23p about. 6-8 months ago.

Taken my stake back plus some profit when they hit mid 60s.

I wasn't being serious, more taking the mickey out of reformed/new football clubs adding the prefix "AFC", a la AFC Bury, AFC Wimbledon etc.
:)

Back
Top Bottom