Stewart Donald anyone.....

Lads, seriously avoid him.

he sold every prospect from the academy we had, got fans to change the seats saying he was ‘re engaging fans’ when in reality was doing it on the cheap, gave Maja away, you must have seen his pursuit of Grigg on STID, failed to sack a failing manager until into the next season, used the clubs money to buy the club, got his mate to openly lie on STID about Boxing Day attendance in fact Methane is heard to say ‘I don’t care what the f*****g number is just f*****g make it up’.

He genuinely doesn’t have a pot to P**s in, don’t fall for it.
Welcome, trust me we all bar one person want to avoid him, he was very belligerent to Oxford fans when our club was sold to a previous owner when SD was trying to purchase the club, Methven is poison giving it large to fans on here and by what you have said to Mackems as well.

Lads, seriously avoid him.

he sold every prospect from the academy we had, got fans to change the seats saying he was ‘re engaging fans’ when in reality was doing it on the cheap, gave Maja away, you must have seen his pursuit of Grigg on STID, failed to sack a failing manager until into the next season, used the clubs money to buy the club, got his mate to openly lie on STID about Boxing Day attendance in fact Methane is heard to say ‘I don’t care what the f*****g number is just f*****g make it up’.

2 tributes to OUFC fans in one post.

1. you were warned about Stewart (who's a good guy) and Methven
2. The Mr Methane moniker for the floppy-haired bag of wind started here.

And, I doubt Stewart needed to persuade or encourage Methane to make stuff up.

You are, and will ever be, in our shadow :rolleyes:

Completely agree with Ryan the gay North Korean. He’s undoubtedly saved us with his contributions and let’s not forget how the big ticket pushes and record breaking crowds were done using bridle manpower.

Some very short memories here snd some very loose criticisms for a man who loves and demonstrably showed his support for our club. Be interested to know the business acumen and financial contributions of all these entrepreneurs
No one disputes what he has done in the past, but some of us will never understand the fact he supported another club and encouraged his kids to do likewise! Watching him and his kids at Wembley was embarrassing. I might watch Chamonix Pioneers (Ice Hockey) occasionally, but there is only one football club and no way I would ever wear red!

I genuinely wish him well and glad for him personally that he is out of the cash drain that is Sunderland AFC. But at Oxford, firstly I’m not sure he can be classed as a true fan anymore, and his past football record isn’t steeped in glory either!

Unless I've missed it, no-one has commented on what Charlie will get out of the SAFC sale, if anything. I assume he's leaving the club as well. Will he have benefitted financially from his dalliance with the Mackems?

Personally, I'd give Stewart Donald a break. His backing was fundamental to us achieving promotion back to the league. He wanted to invest in OUFC. He wasn't allowed to, so instead had a go at Sunderland, so of course he wanted that club to succeed. What do people expect? That he'd look glum when his invested club won a match or scored a goal?

As for Charlie, I was at both our recent Stadium of Light matches and must admit felt slightly annoyed to see him leaping into the air when Sunderland scored at the first match. But again, it would be churlish to interpret that as disloyalty to OUFC.

I'd have SD and his money on the OUFC board in a heart beat, although not sure what Charlie might contribute apart from annoying sections of the fan base with some of his more undiplomatic utterings.

Unless I've missed it, no-one has commented on what Charlie will get out of the SAFC sale, if anything. I assume he's leaving the club as well. Will he have benefitted financially from his dalliance with the Mackems?

Personally, I'd give Stewart Donald a break. His backing was fundamental to us achieving promotion back to the league. He wanted to invest in OUFC. He wasn't allowed to, so instead had a go at Sunderland, so of course he wanted that club to succeed. What do people expect? That he'd look glum when his invested club won a match or scored a goal?

As for Charlie, I was at both our recent Stadium of Light matches and must admit felt slightly annoyed to see him leaping into the air when Sunderland scored at the first match. But again, it would be churlish to interpret that as disloyalty to OUFC.

I'd have SD and his money on the OUFC board in a heart beat, although not sure what Charlie might contribute apart from annoying sections of the fan base with some of his more undiplomatic utterings.
Thought Methven had 10%

But at Oxford, firstly I’m not sure he can be classed as a true fan anymore
And there it is. TRUE fan! The man helped save the football club more than a decade ago, but now he can do one because he wanted the business he bought to do well. Don’t care if he’s ever involved in the club again or not, but this is wild.

Football fans are just incredible sometimes.

And there it is. TRUE fan! The man helped save the football club more than a decade ago, but now he can do one because he wanted the business he bought to do well. Don’t care if he’s ever involved in the club again or not, but this is wild.

Exactly and how dare he take his children with him to a football match involving a team he owned.

Don't understand why all these months things got so personal towards a guy most don't know or ever met.

Or just stupid.

The whole "true fan" thing is bollox. People have very different opinions on all sorts of things past and present, so what?! Tiger and co. have put several million more into the club than Stewart ever did. Should "true fans" have greater allegiances to Tiger instead?

I've never seen anyone question the support Stewart gave our club at the time. He helped get us out of the s**t when we were stuck in the conference, and we should all be grateful. But so did Chris Wilder, but that doesn't stop our "true fans" from pointing out that he turned into a bit of a t**t near the end! Eastwood and Henry kept us up for a couple of seasons, but some of our "true fans" have already written them off.

Football evolves, players, managers and financial backers come and go. Stewart was a great friend to the club, and would be welcomed back by many. But I'm sorry but his experiences at running 2 clubs would mean that I hope he remains a fan but leaves the boardroom stuff to others. And I honestly believe those others will deliver on our stadium dreams and help us become the club we all want.

But maybe I'm just not a true enough fan for some!

But I'm sorry but his experiences at running 2 clubs would mean that I hope he remains a fan but leaves the boardroom stuff to others.

My guess is that he will steer clear from football for a while.
I really cant see why he wouldn't add value on a Board though. He has built up a load of experience. Maybe not owning/running the show but why couldn't he help?
Pretty academic I would think as he probably doesn't want to.

Perhaps Juan Sartori might be welcomed back too, presumably he is out of Sunderland too?
Anyway, I hope Charlie and Donald can get back to being Oxford United fans after what has been a nightmare couple of years at Sunderland.

I think most reasonable people appreciate the passion he shows and all that he has done in the past to help the club but for me it's pretty simple....

Do I want him to put money into the club = Absolutely, more than welcome
Do I want him to be in any sort of position of responsibility or decision making at the club = Absolutely not

The whole "true fan" thing is bollox. People have very different opinions on all sorts of things past and present, so what?! Tiger and co. have put several million more into the club than Stewart ever did. Should "true fans" have greater allegiances to Tiger instead?

I've never seen anyone question the support Stewart gave our club at the time. He helped get us out of the s**t when we were stuck in the conference, and we should all be grateful. But so did Chris Wilder, but that doesn't stop our "true fans" from pointing out that he turned into a bit of a t**t near the end! Eastwood and Henry kept us up for a couple of seasons, but some of our "true fans" have already written them off.

Football evolves, players, managers and financial backers come and go. Stewart was a great friend to the club, and would be welcomed back by many. But I'm sorry but his experiences at running 2 clubs would mean that I hope he remains a fan but leaves the boardroom stuff to others. And I honestly believe those others will deliver on our stadium dreams and help us become the club we all want.

But maybe I'm just not a true enough fan for some!

I think most people would recognize that you’re a true fan. But your unwavering support and closeness to the club infer a mild conflict of interest when you communicate to your peers in many peoples minds.

Not sure why you’re using Wilder as a comparison to Donald. One was an employee making money with no bond to the club. The other is a lifelong fan who contributed huge amounts of personal wealth to the club. You’re conflating ideas to create a false analogy

Perhaps Juan Sartori might be welcomed back too, presumably he is out of Sunderland too?
Anyway, I hope Charlie and Donald can get back to being Oxford United fans after what has been a nightmare couple of years at Sunderland.
I could live without Charlie being back as an OUFC supporter.
As regard Sartori I believe he is still with Sunderland

Back
Top Bottom