National News Sir Keir Starmer

Sorry Kier............ Inquisitor General or walking PR Accident?
A stunning ability to make BJ look competent and in control. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The other co-owner is desperately trying to distance from the original loony Piers Corbyn type co-owner.

Personally thought Starmer handled it well, considering he was dealing with a loon who blamed him for not doing enough about deaths then complaining that the death levels weren't anything significant, so we shouldn't have had lockdowns.

I read the headline as lock-in instead of lockdown - would've made a more interesting story

Sorry Kier............ Inquisitor General or walking PR Accident?
A stunning ability to make BJ look competent and in control. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So you take the side of this idiot over Starmer? I'm starting to understand why you support the idiot Johnson so fervently.

Granted the pub landlord sounds like a right bell end but, to see Starmer being ushered into the pub to get away from him only to be told to get out by that very same bell end, priceless! Rather unpleasant heavy pushing his weight around too. First rule is to seek to calm things not inflame a situation.

Granted the pub landlord sounds like a right bell end but, to see Starmer being ushered into the pub to get away from him only to be told to get out by that very same bell end, priceless! Rather unpleasant heavy pushing his weight around too. First rule is to seek to calm things not inflame a situation.
less as well reported ...barely mentioned if at all in most reports... is that angry pub co landlord's counterpart (the other co landlord) had actually invited Sir Keir to visit the Raven pub

I see Labour are about to lose control of Hartlepool after 50 years. After the past year, given the Tories' lukewarm (some might say poor) handling of the pandemic, what does this mean for Labour?

Seems like they've lost the working class.

Read it and weep......... we have no viable opposition party. ***

Jill Mortimer (Con): 15,529

Paul Williams (Lab): 8,589

Mortimer has won with a majority of 6,940

Mid term "bloody nose" or a full-on pat on the back & carry-on?

(*** It is important that we have a viable opposition in my humble. )

Labour look like they’re finished.
I was amazed at how many independent candidates stood. Must have been fifteen candidates standing.
Even the allegations of sleaze hasn‘t affected the Tories.
The suggestion that he preferred bodies piling up in the streets over another lockdown seemed ridiculous given Boris Johnson nearly died in hospital.
Economists forecasts of a boom over the next year won’t have harmed the Conservatives cause either.
Where now for Starmer? Many Labour followers might want the left to lead again after Corbyn ran close against May, not that she was that good. Maybe Corbyn might fancy another go, or Ed Milliband
I would like a credible opposition but I don’t see one any time soon

Last edited:
Read it and weep......... we have no viable opposition party. ***

Jill Mortimer (Con): 15,529

Paul Williams (Lab): 8,589

Mortimer has won with a majority of 6,940

Mid term "bloody nose" or a full-on pat on the back & carry-on?

(*** It is important that we have a viable opposition in my humble. )
That is one hell of a swing. Locals say Labour MP hardly to be seen.

I’m wondering if Mandelssohn with his helping hand did more harm than good

Corbynistas hate him which makes him the most electable option they’ve had in years.

The issue is that the shoe is on the other foot. They undermine him at every opportunity which is what the centrists were doing to Corbyn. Quite frankly, the Labour Party have become a shambles over the last decade. Internal bickering, quarrelling over what they want to be and what they want to prioritise and through it all they’ve allowed them Tories to govern unchallenged.

This is one of the most hopeless governments we’ve had in years. And this bunch of Labour no marks can’t land a blow on them. It’s tragic.

I posted this back in September and it still rings true now. The Momentum lobby are loving Starmer losing Hartlepool in that it somehow proves that #CorbynWasRight. They seem to forget that Comrade Corbyn actually lost 60 seats at the last election. This just added one more to that list. The echo chamber social media outlets where Corbynism is still going strong are crowing about the Tory victory.

Starmer should really have started to show what he wants his vision of the Labour Party to be like by now. He's been there over a year and whilst the pandemic has influenced much of what has occurred over the last year, can you reel off a single policy that Labour are promising? To date, it's been backing the government on pandemic measures and precious little else. I don't think the electorate are going to be engaged in the issues of Tory sleaze, John Lewis wallpaper or dodgy donors - that sort of thing is a sideshow followed by readers of Private Eye. The electorate want belt-and-braces policies on the NHS, schools, national infrastructure and everything else you'd expect a national government to be engaged with. I just don't hear enough from what Labour offer anymore.

Back
Top Bottom